2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched on the forum and every time I type something about how to take off the internal retainer, it keep giving me the no match message. Either I'm a noob and can't type in the correct term or there is no thread about removing the retainer from the fuel pump. If anyone can direct me to the thread or show me how to remove it, that will be great! Yes, I know this is a stupid question and I did tried to take the stock retainer (no luck) so I can put it on the KMD internal since it doesn't come with one

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I followed this to remove my pump:

http://krystmsgarage.com/?p=180

I have the CPe full replacement, so I didn't do the internals. It's not recommend to clean the internals in gas anymore. Use brake cleaner then lube it with fresh motor oil. Wear gloves.

The torque spec for the three E8 bolts that hold the HPFP in place is: 9-11 N·m {92-112 kgf·cm, 80-97 in.lbf} (page 1045 of the 2010 MS3 shop manual).
That is 80 - 97 INCH LBS, not, I repeat NOT 80-97 FOOT LBS.

80 - 97 INCH LBS = 6.66 - 8.08 FOOT LBS.

Sufficed to say, the bolts will break and need replacing if you go the 80 - 97 FOOT LBS route.
The bolt's part number is: L3K913366B and cost $2.55. They are special order parts and take a couple days to arrive. I broke one of mine but was luckily able to get it out and replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts