2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone, I have a 2011 Mazda 3 and purchased VSR Victory wheels, 18x8.0 with +35 offset.

I am completely lost in the world of lug nuts and cannot seem to find a forum that indicates exactly what I would need for these wheels. I was told by the wheel distributor to buy 12x1.5 tapered seated tuner style lugs, but I cannot find lugs with this exact description.

I found the following on ebay, but not sure if either of these fitments is correct:
10x 17HEX 40mm LONG EXTENDED CHROME TUNER RIM WHEEL LUG TAPER SEAT BOLT 12x1.5 | eBay

and

10x 12x1.5 M12 P1.5 27mm LONG CHROME TUNER RIM WHEEL LUG TAPER SEAT BOLT 17HEX | eBay

Your help is very appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Everyone, I have a 2011 Mazda 3 and purchased VSR Victory wheels, 18x8.0 with +35 offset.

I am completely lost in the world of lug nuts and cannot seem to find a forum that indicates exactly what I would need for these wheels. I was told by the wheel distributor to buy 12x1.5 tapered seated tuner style lugs, but I cannot find lugs with this exact description.

I found the following on ebay, but not sure if either of these fitments is correct:
10x 17HEX 40mm LONG EXTENDED CHROME TUNER RIM WHEEL LUG TAPER SEAT BOLT 12x1.5 | eBay

and

10x 12x1.5 M12 P1.5 27mm LONG CHROME TUNER RIM WHEEL LUG TAPER SEAT BOLT 17HEX | eBay

Thanks.
I believe almost all tuner lugs are acorn (tapered) seat lugs. Just be sure you get lugs that have the tapered aka acorn seat and that they are 12x1.5. If it says its a mag seat or a ball seat than you've got the wrong type of lug nuts. I ordered mine from Lug Nuts at RallySportDirect.com and they have pretty good prices. As you can see, they have pages upon pages of lugs that are acorn/tapered seat.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I believe almost all tuner lugs are acorn (tapered) seat lugs. Just be sure you get lugs that have the tapered aka acorn seat and that they are 12x1.5. If it says its a mag seat or a ball seat than you've got the wrong type of lug nuts. I ordered mine from Lug Nuts at RallySportDirect.com and they have pretty good prices. As you can see, they have pages upon pages of lugs that are acorn/tapered seat.
Thanks for the reply. I checked out the site and there is still too much variation. Open ended, closed ended, long, short etc...

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you have extended studs then get extended or open ended lug nuts. If you're going to be mounting your tires onto the oem studs then the shorter lug nuts will be fine. In most cases its just preference, some people like the look of the longer lug nuts, some don't

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts

and

Thanks.

I don't know if it's been stated, but do NOT get those, those are lug bolts, not lug nuts. They will not work.

this is what i have

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/McGard-65557BK-Chrome-SplineDrive-Installation/dp/B001P281RQ/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1348556527&sr=8-5&keywords=mcgard+12+1.5+spline[/ame]

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts
No. Almost all aftermarket wheels and lug nuts are conical (tapered) seated. Acorn seated nuts are for stock wheels, and have a rounded seat against the wheel, which is not a taper. Make sure you get 12x1.5 tuner nuts like Muteki's, Blok's, or Gorillas like vweater1369 posted. Open or closed is up to you. Shouldn't matter if you have the factory lug studs.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
No. Almost all aftermarket wheels and lug nuts are conical (tapered) seated. Acorn seated nuts are for stock wheels, and have a rounded seat against the wheel, which is not a taper. Make sure you get 12x1.5 tuner nuts like Muteki's, Blok's, or Gorillas like vweater1369 posted. Open or closed is up to you. Shouldn't matter if you have the factory lug studs.
This is the correct information. Conical is best and is what will fit our cars... Muteki's, Blok's, Gorilla's, hey even check the Corksport ones, I heard they are new but haven't looked into them.

Edit: CS's will be available in a little under 2 months I just saw.

·
Broke Postbac.
536 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I'm getting a set of Konig Daylite's, and I need a recommendation on wheel locks. It seems like there is an exact lug size that is assigned to each kind of wheels.

·
Car Nerd
814 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.