2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
zoom~
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,

How would I go about setting up the suspension so that the car sits low-er, feels solid, minimal rolls and can take pot holes like stock?

Tri-Point RSW is next on the list, but that "low" and stick on the road feeling, would sport spring itself do it or I need chasis brace as well?

edit: I read that RM 1.25 and Koni yellow is popular pick here, anything else I should know?

Its like carrying a heavy object in the trunk, car feels more hunkered down.

New to DIY, any tips is helpful.

thx

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
It depends on your budget. you can get by with 1.25" road magnet springs and be happy, but getting deeper into the suspension coil overs or springs and struts are an better bet.

·
Registered
437 Posts
would h & r springs and koni yellow shocks be a good upgrade performance wise ( i already have a cs rsb), not just for aesthetics

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
its really depending on your driving style and budget. you can't really just buy all these suspension upgrades and install them and you'll get the best handling car for your liking. I would suggest is to start with something simple like springs/shocks combo or to get your monies worth, get a coilovers system. then start from there. a bar hear and there..... you'll notice that once you get your driving ability with this car honed, you'll be pushing it's limits and you'll be adding more stuff to the suspension.

Reactions: sjsujdm

·
Registered
12 Posts
your never gonna get the squishy stock feel and the solid race suspension feel at the same time buddy.

aftermarket springs and shocks set ups dont allow u to play with pre-loads and usually have slightly less spring rate than coilovers do, they are a sorta nice balance cuz although they dont have the fine tuning abilities as a full on coilover system, they are more comfortable. and probably handle a lot better than a poorly slapped on coilover system that just went full low without actually having it played with...

a pro tuned coilover system will be very uncomfortable and u probably dont wanna hit a pot hole, but if u actually do some runs in the mountains or autox or w/e it may be worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts