2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to figure what is causing a clicking noise in my 2012 Mz3 hatchback. The clicking noise is located somewhere in the trunk space. It doesn't sound like it's coming from under the car so I don't think it's the suspensions. The noise only happens whenever I go over bumps, but the bumps must be strong enough to rattle whatever's making the noise.

Here is a video of the noise. I placed my camera on top of the hatch cover/lid. You can clearly hear the click at 16 seconds
http://youtu.be/ZevzlNHJI98

edit: the only mods I have are the Rally Armor mud flaps but I think I still had the noise before installing them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have the dealer check out the latch for your hatch. I had the same noise and they replaced the latch and now it's fine
Yes! That's what I'm thinking it is. I was opening my hatch and I heard the damn click. Do I have to bring my car back to the dealer where I bought my car or can I bring it to any service center? I bought my car from a dealer 1 hour away but I have a service center that is just minutes away.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes! That's what I'm thinking it is. I was opening my hatch and I heard the damn click. Do I have to bring my car back to the dealer where I bought my car or can I bring it to any service center? I bought my car from a dealer 1 hour away but I have a service center that is just minutes away.
Any Mazda dealer should be fine. I'd go to a dealer because they probably have experience with the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts