2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gunna get one of these mods jusst need some input which one to get and what one will help me the most in the long run thanks guys for your input

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
HPFP.

The common consensus is to start with a Cobb AP and high pressure fuel pump internals. Both will help you get more performance from future mods and help prevent ZZB.

I usually recommend:
Stage 1:
Cobb AP
SRI/TIP
HPFP upgrade - Autotech Internals or CPe full pump replacement

Stage 2:
Full Downpipe or Downpipe/Test Pipe combo
TMIC or FMIC
One Step colder plugs.
BPV
CBE
Pro-Tune

Suspension:
RSB
Coils or Springs, Shocks and Struts.
Tires
Wheels
Brake Pads and Rotors
SS brake lines
Better brake fluid, ex: ATE Super Blue

Shifting:
RMM
SSP and Shifter bushings.
Full short shifter replacement
Tranny fluid: Motorcraft XT-M5-QS
Shift knob

Appearance options:
Tint
Window Visors, OEM or BaysonR
Lip kits
AutoExe Front Bumper or Garage Vary grill insert
Hella Horns
Lug nuts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yah hpfp first.. That will save you from needing a new engine lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks guys i have a cobb ap and cbe and tih and cobb intake and itv22 plugs and turbosmart bov thanks thats kinda what is was leaning towards wad the hpfp thanks again

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
HPFP a must

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
The 1 doesn't count. He doesn't know much about the MS3 DISI engine and the fuel pressure dropping off when you do mods.

The hpfp doesn't make power itself it just keeps fuel pressure in the safe range as you add other mods and increase you power. As you add hp the fuel system gets taxed and fuel pressure decreases. HPFP upgrade keeps the pressure high. With the upgraded fp internals you can make use of your ap and increase boost beyond 17 psi without fear of your fuel pressure dropping and damaging your engine.

Get the HPFP before the FMIC.

Now it's 5 to 1. :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The 1 doesn't count. He doesn't know much about the MS3 DISI engine and the fuel pressure dropping off when you do mods.

The hpfp doesn't make power itself it just keeps fuel pressure in the safe range as you add other mods and increase you power. As you add hp the fuel system gets taxed and fuel pressure decreases. HPFP upgrade keeps the pressure high. With the upgraded fp internals you can make use of your ap and increase boost beyond 17 psi without fear of your fuel pressure dropping and damaging your engine.

Get the HPFP before the FMIC.

Now it's 5 to 1. :cheesy:
yes I do, and I do know the HPFP is required before doing any extensive mods like more boost, downpipe, fmic, any of the such.

I just wanted to say fmic.

It also depends on if he is a Gen1 or Gen2. because gen1's can take better to mods without HPFP right away without losing pressure so drastically. I've known a few practically fully bolted gen1's without em.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
yes I do, and I do know the HPFP is required before doing any extensive mods like more boost, downpipe, fmic, any of the such.

I just wanted to say fmic.

It also depends on if he is a Gen1 or Gen2. because gen1's can take better to mods without HPFP right away without losing pressure so drastically. I've known a few practically fully bolted gen1's without em.
LOL, chill out. Were those gen 1's pushing more than 17 psi? Most likely not! FP drops pretty fast when any MS3 turns the boost up.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
LOL, chill out. Were those gen 1's pushing more than 17 psi? Most likely not! FP drops pretty fast when any MS3 turns the boost up.
yes, one dudes MS6 was on like 23psi tapering to 18 @ redline. had full exhaust, front mount, all the jazzz

1 - 13 of 13 Posts