2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to go for a slammed look and originally planned on running eibachs. I feel like that wouldn't be enough low for me, but I feel like the corksport will be too low. Trying to find something in the middle. I want to stay close to stock ride. I'll be on stock shocks/struts at least for the time being I only have 30k miles on them. Anyone running the tein s tech springs? Seem to be a little bit more drop than the eibach and close to the H&R Springs but softer. Any other options for something around 1.5" drop that's not a harsh ride?

Running 17x8 +45 with 215/50/17 tires, so rubbing shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put H&R springs and it lowered it just about what they said. It removed the large wheel space and I like the ride but I will have to upgrade the shocks later. There are some that posted pics of H&R installs.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Vogtlands have the same drop as H&Rs with a spring rate closer to stock (just like the STech). I have no idea how they pair with stock struts but I know from experience the H&R (stiffer) would be a bit rough (on 215/45/18).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
41 Posts
Even if the stiffer springs have a rough ride, it's likely the soft S-Tech's or Vogtlands ride even worse. On other chassis (I've never dealt with lowering 3's), S-tech's are rough because the suspension bottoms out on the bump stops often. There's no good way around lowering a car, other than stiffening the springs. Cars in general (compared to trucks, etc) don't have a whole lot of suspension travel, so lowering almost 2" is a LOT if there's not other compromises. If the stiffer springs are paired with good dampers, it'll ride smoothly, albeit a bit more rough than stock. I'd much rather have a bit stiffer ride, than a ride that still sways like stock but it's jarring over pot holes.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,338 Posts
H&R and Koni FSD struts pair really well. Stiffer ride, but smooth and not jarring, unless you go off-roading or something.

My 2 year old son falls asleep when I'm driving, if he's tired.. I actually floored it on the freeway this morning and he started giggling in the back seat. I asked him if he was having fun and he was like "Yeah." with a big old grin on his face. My wife doesn't even complain about it, she gives me crap for having to take bumps and driveways at angles, but doesn't say anything about the ride not being comfortable.
CK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts