2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a set of awesome wheels from japan but they are a little more aggressive than I want. Can anyone confirm that I will be able to clear 17x8 +35 with 215/50R17 tire without fender rolling? I plan to put a set of General Altimax Arctic winter tires on them. I also have Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs on.

·
Mazda Ricer
30 Posts
Being lowered you will probably need to roll the fenders as they will stick out almost an inch more than stock 16" rims. If you weren't lowered you could probably pull it off without rubbing. This tool is really useful all you have to do is put information in for stock then build and it will tell you the differences.
Rim & Tire Size Calculator. Custom Offsets - Wheel-Size.com
Take a ruler and measure out an inch from your tire near the fender right now and you will have a pretty good idea! Hope it helps.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm actually getting 17x8 +35 rims next year, and have done some research.... 17x8 +35 will look super flush. the fronts will stick out slightly past the fender... You will need a little bit of negative camber. The rear should be really flush. I'm going with 235/45/17 tires, but I am planning on rolling the rear fenders. Because you are going with 215s, you might.... might get away without having to roll the fenders. But I can't confirm. I searched around and there isn't too much people running that offset and 8 inch wide rims. But from the few that I have seen, one of them was 18x8 +35 and they did have to rolled the fenders in the rear, but I believe they were on 225s... that's all I really kind of know lol. Hope this helps a little:/

·
Registered
35 Posts
i am lowered 40mm, with 235/40/18 tyres.

need to roll the arches as any weight in the back the tyres rub.

i need to replace the rear passenger tyre as its cut up bad.

not found anybody to roll the arch professionally yet.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I found a set of awesome wheels from japan but they are a little more aggressive than I want. Can anyone confirm that I will be able to clear 17x8 +35 with 215/50R17 tire without fender rolling? I plan to put a set of General Altimax Arctic winter tires on them. I also have Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs on.
Did you ever get these wheels by any chance? I want to know if you rolled your fenders and if you had to get negative camber...

Or if someone else knows this question... please help me out:/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts