2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Do you experience the same behavior on CMU (car) start? (Please read below)

• No, mine is allways playing music fluently.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Need Bluetooth connection delay

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  yanoosh 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello!

In the past months I managed to apply all tweaks and hacks for my Mazda on the FW 59.00.449A. There is one little issue remaining which i would like to get rid of and then i'm finally done. Please if you can, help me with that:

When booting the CMU things load up and of course the cpu has much to do. After a while bluetooth connects as it should, starting with phone service connection and continuing with music service connection. When the bluetooth music service is ready of course the smartphone sound is redirected to the car speakers. And this is the problem: The cpu of CMU is not ready to deal with the load of processing bluetooth audio on-the-fly and so the music begins to stutter and stumble. After about 20 seconds, when the cpu completed to load things, bluetooth is working as expected and playing music fluently.

I guess a simple solution would be to delay the bluetooth music service connection on CMU for 20 seconds after boot process, but i have no idea how to do this. Maybe there is even a smarter solution.

What i have done/experienced before:
  • I already installed a swap file on usb stick. It is a very nice addon and makes things faster but cannot solve this issue.
  • I got the car with an old FW (i guess it was 21.... something), updated to several versions and endend with 59.00.449A. The issue is always there.
  • I have not experienced this kind of behavior on any other bluetooth device i connect my Nokia 8 to before.
Please don't tell me: "You can try to update to..." I will not do this, cause everthing is perfect now beside this little bluetooth issue in the first 20 seconds after CMU start.
I want to repair the concert hall, not throw a bomb and rebuild the city...

Please use the poll at the top of the page if your CMU plays music fluently after starting the car/CMU. Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
I know you do not want to read it, but a firmware (FW) update could be a good starting point, as from 59.00.502 onwards the following points were improved, which I guess also hinder you in having a good experience. Remember to install ID7/Autorun tweak before the FW update.

Excerpt, whats new with FW 59.00.502:
  • System stability and response of the CMU a) Minimize unexpected reboots and blank or frozen screens. b) Faster start up. c) Faster operational response.
  • Connectivity and stability for BT devices. a) Improved stability of connection. b) Reduced connection error with internet radio applications.
  • Connection stability and functionality with iPhone. a) Device name can be displayed not only via BT connection but also via USB connection. b) Improved stability when iPhone is connected via both BT and USB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.