2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mazdaspeed 3 owner
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a new owner of a 2012 Mazda 3 i-Touring 4 door w/ Skyactiv 2.0L. I've been looking around for things to do since I'll soon get a hefty pay raise and CorkSport makes a SRI for my car as well as an exhaust. What difference would it make to step up to the race pipe for the exhaust or even the high flow catalyst. One more thing, would it be possible to take a turbo off of an MS3 and put it on my car? If so, where can I find one? Tips, hints, input, and feedback are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Just call me Rabbit
480 Posts
Turboing a skyactive looks rather difficult at the moment becuase of its high compression ratio. The race pipe will be louder as will a hiflo cat. Look into handling upgrades: rear sway bar, coilovers, wheels+tires. Make a build thread when you start modding!

·
Mazdaspeed 3 owner
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's sort of what I was thinking but I just needed an answer for that. Awesome! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
k04 + skyactiv with 12.x:1 compression = BOOM when you get to like 3 psi
I would say wait for a tune. a tune will unlock the most out of this untapped beast

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you wanted to boost your n/a 3, you should have just gotten a speed3 in the first place

·
Mazdaspeed 3 owner
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I got this car was because I totaled my last car. They paid it off and I got a nice check on it. But I needed a car fast and I wouldn't be able to afford the payments until a few months from now once my raise takes effect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts