2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very fed up with this whole Infotainment system. (Mazda3 2017)

It takes ages for the Navigation to load to the point where "Find Address" becomes functional. It stays greyed out for like 10 minutes, making it almost entirely useless. Is that normal? If not, how to fix it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
468 Posts
What firmware are you using? MOST IMPORTANT question here

Less important.......
Are you connecting a phone each time you start the car?
When did you last update your SD card for new maps?

·
Registered
312 Posts
What firmware are you using? MOST IMPORTANT question here

Less important.......
Agree - post FW version.
10 minutes is not right. Mine is 1 minute from a "cold" boot/reboot to when I can access the maps. This is with a phone connected and about 100 contacts that have to sync. I also have the speedometer tweak installed.
For sure you can make the maps snappier if you copy the SD card off to a faster card. I'm using a Transcend HC-I Class 10 90MB/s rated card but anything like that or faster will do better than the stock card. It does not have to be any larger than factory card (8GB I think).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What firmware are you using?
59.000.502;
phone is connecting by bluetooth (with Ia few hundred contacts), and there is a 60% full 64GB USB disk for music plugged in. (and that loads slowly too)
SD card maps last updated a few months ago.

I also have the speedometer tweak installed.
For sure you can make the maps snappier if you copy the SD card off to a faster card.
whats the speedometer tweak?
thx for tip on card. so the card is not locked in any way to the original?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good day Oscar, would you be able to advise, I recently purchased a 2016 Mazda 3 1.6 Dynamic and have been struggling to get my NAV system working, I obtained the SD card my OS version at the time was 56.00.100 4A N I then loaded the card and it would not pick up/detect any satellites, I then read that maybe a OS update would resolve the issue, I have since updated the OS version to 70.00.335 4A N and also downloaded the mazda toolbox and updated the maps accordingly. Some suggestions was to factory reset and also disconnecting the battery cables and at some point the NAV started working but literally not longer than 10 minutes and lost satellite connection, some times it would even show that I am driving on a road next to the one I'm actually driving on. Any advise at this point would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
You know, that I linked you the official Mazda TSB in this post already? There it is stated, that your issue is a hardware issue (poor GPS reception and showing wrong location) of the GPS processor in the CMU. It can not be fixed other than in replacing the CMU with a newer model/version number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts