2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I had 2 days left (later found out I was 1 day late, despite what Mazda Toolbox said) attempting to download maps for my nav subscription that I started 2015-10-15. No grace here (read from bottom if interested).
Go Apple CarPlay.
-----------------------------

9:27 PM (16 minutes ago)
to support

1 day. Not re-subscribing, and will recommend the same to others.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:13 PM <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Michael,

Thank you again for reverting us at Mazda Handsfree Support.

We are sorry to inform you that there is no such option to provide maps free updates as the subscription got expired.

If you have any other questions, please contact us at 800-430-0153 Monday-Friday 7AM-8PM CST.

Thank you,
Sourabh
Mazda Handsfree Support.

On 2018-10-17 8:29 am, Mike Hoopes wrote:

Hi. I understand. Is there a way I can download the last update that I was entitled to? I'm *one day* late for my third download of my $300 subscription.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 7:44 PM <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting Mazda Handsfree Support.

We understand from the email that you are concern about the map subscription.

We would like to inform you that as you have purchased the map subscription on 2015-10-15 so the map subscription got expired on 2018-10-15, which completes the 3 years. If you want to enjoy the free map updates then you need to buy a new map subscription.

If you may have further queries, please reach out to us at 800-430-0153 Monday to Friday CST- 7am to 8pm.

We would request you to provide the Case ID-********* in all your future communication with Mazda Handsfree Support.

Thank you,
Sourabh
Mazda Handsfree Support.

Reason for Contacting HFL Support: Navigation - map updates

User Comments: It's 2018-10-16. The MAZDA TOOLBOX Windows app says my update subscription expires 2018-10-17. That's in the future. I purchased this 3-year package for $300 on 2015-10-15. I should be able to get the current map update, otherwise that's a breach of contract on your part. Please extend me the CURRENT map update that was issued during my subscription.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't worry, you are not missing much. I had 2+ year old highway interchange ramps in west Texas (El Paso) not showing up on my last map update before subscription expiration. And for the cost of a new maps sub, you might as well invest that into the Carplay/Android Auto install.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't worry, you are not missing much. I had 2+ year old highway interchange ramps in west Texas (El Paso) not showing up on my last map update before subscription expiration. And for the cost of a new maps sub, you might as well invest that into the Carplay/Android Auto install.
Thanks for the update. I wasn't using it very much in urban areas due to the lack of traffic integration.

And...done. CarPlay installed yesterday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts