2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since taking ownership for the first 5 days, I've noticed my Navi acting buggy.

1) the outside temperture gauge is incorrect and not accurate at all
2) using the Map Color, the Navigation doesn't switch from white to dark background when you turn on the headlights. they use to the first couple days but not now.

anybody else find something strange?
:argh 1:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, seems like the temp gauge is working correctly after a cfew days and i found out that the dim switch, if you put it at the brightest level (pushing it in) will keep the white navi background regardless if the headlights are switched on....

problems solved!

·
Registered
452 Posts
My temperature sensor went wack during the first week too but fixed itself with in the next few days. It was reporting way colder than it actually was.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My temperature sensor went wack during the first week too but fixed itself with in the next few days. It was reporting way colder than it actually was.
ah i'm not the only one. and right after i said it was fixed - it started f'ing up again :argh 1:

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
you can search for POIs.. but only when you're in a complete stop, not while driving.. dont go to the search for local poi. what you can do is go to set destination then go to point of interest then type in the POI name or nearby city center.. i always use the POI name 'cause its easier. that's what i do with my garmin too.HTH

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah i am trying to bypass it but dont want to chomp the wiring because i have so much warranty left on the car and navigation is not cheap :(. That was the whole reason for warranty. As for the temp guage i have noticed that if parked in my driveway and start driving the temperature gradually gets to accurate temps but like after 10-15 mins of driving

·
Registered
6 Posts
i noticed the outside temp issue also. i asked my local dealer and they printed off a bulletin regarding normal operation of the temp sensor. what you are seeing is "normal." the gauge takes a reading once every 60 seconds as long as you are driving about 20 mph. it will then adjust the temp by one degree warmer or colder until it reaches ambient. if you are sitting in stop and go traffic, the temp will never read correct. this is very annoying if you ask me.

for example, i arrive at work and it is 40 degrees outside, and my car reads 40. i then start the vehicle after work and it reads 40. it then will adjust once per minute by one degree. however, it was 70 degrees today, and even after my 30 min drive home, it still hasnt reached ambient as half of my drive is stop and go, and the other half is highway driving.

also, it will take an accurate instantaneous reading, say, after the car has been sitting overnight and engine temp is cold.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that can't be right - then wtf is the point of having it if it can't read the correct temp?

i'm still going to bring this up to my dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.