2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screen is like scratched or cracked but from inside.
It still works. From the outside I it feels right.
Does any one had this issue before?

2014 Mazda 3

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats unfortunate. Haven't seen this before. I have normally only ever used the command knob for controlling the CMU and hardly never use the touch display. Sorry man.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks like the touch panel is crack, probably because someone has dropped the screen on the floor.
If it is still under warranty, you should go claim for replacement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It is weird, I don't even use the screen. Always use the control knob.
Does the screen has the same warranty as the car?

Is replacing a plug and play or need to tweak any settings after replacement?

Thanks for the replies.

·
Cyan Member
4 Posts
This has been happening on my screen as well! It's in the exact same location and looks exactly like your picture.
I also have the same issue in the upper-right corner, which has now made it impossible to read the clock easily.
Just like higogo, I do not use the touchscreen. I only use the control knob. So it's definitely a defect, possibly happening due to temperature changes.

Alas, I have not asked a Mazda dealership about this, for fear they would laugh it off and blame me for it. But it's worth a shot.
Otherwise, the entire head unit will likely need to be replaced. Here's how to access and remove the stereo head unit:
youtu(dot)be/f4Ima1yqAJU

The process should be the same or similar for other variants.
For reference, I have a 2014 Mazda3 S GT Sedan

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Screen Cracking

I too have a 2014 Mazda 3 Sport HB with identical cracks in the top left and top right corners. Can't see clock, SOFA KING annoying!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
This what happens when they stuck the display on the dash I guess. I don't have high hopes for the longevity of the screen. It was 95 degrees today and my screen was displaying that message. I bought the Mazda sunshade, better get tints too. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Definitely they must have and issue with the screen getting too hot.
If it is sealed, there is no way heat will get out.
Just got this. Maybe car is designed to work not in hot places.
After contacting Mazda, they replaced the screen.
I was out of warranty, so they cover the part and I covered the labor ($120)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine started out like that about half a year or more after repairs from an accident in which I needed airbag replacement. I didn't put two and two together until way too late for me to hold the repair shop accountable. I'm trying to find a replacement screen because my cracks now cover 1/4 of the bottom right corner were your is, up the side to nearly 1/4 of the top right corner.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts