2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2020 mazda3 premium trim and i have the nav chip, so am i suppose to see the stop sign on my head up display ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes, plus the speed limit and a whole host of other information on your HUD, including turn by turn indicator/instructions when GPS is activated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, plus the speed limit and a whole host of other information on your HUD, including turn by turn indicator/instructions when GPS is activated.
i get the speed limit and turn by turn but i dont get the stop signs

·
Registered
100 Posts
US spec. vs Canadian spec. ? ? ?

So far, I did not get the "speeding camera" warning either, but someone elsewhere apparently did get that.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
US spec doesn't have TSR apparently. Only speed limits based on nav chip data. I think the nav chip isn't updated with speed camera locations, although i have the nav muted all the time so I wouldn't know.
Its unfortunate that companies have region specific features yet send the same manuals worldwide...

·
Registered
66 Posts
i get the speed limit and turn by turn but i dont get the stop signs
2019 mazda3 hatch, premium trim. I just installed latest firmware update to Connect II system (v10050). I see speed signs in my instrument cluster (upper left of center speedometer), but no signs in my HUD.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2019 mazda3 hatch, premium trim. I just installed latest firmware update to Connect II system (v10050). I see speed signs in my instrument cluster (upper left of center speedometer), but no signs in my HUD.
Sadly, we do not have TSR for US model. Unless, you know someone who is working with mazda and willing to unlock the function for you (my dealer won't do it) ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sadly, we do not have TSR for US model. Unless, you know someone who is working with mazda and willing to unlock the function for you (my dealer won't do it) ?
We do not have true TSR, but we do get speed limit signs if you have the navigation SD installed. Others here in the US have reported here that the speed limit signs are displaying in their HUD. Mine display in the instrument cluster, but would prefer them in the HUD. I just wanna know why this is working for some here in the US but not others. there should be no variation within the same market.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We do not have true TSR, but we do get speed limit signs if you have the navigation SD installed. Others here in the US have reported here that the speed limit signs are displaying in their HUD. Mine display in the instrument cluster, but would prefer them in the HUD. I just wanna know why this is working for some here in the US but not others. there should be no variation within the same market.
I know and it suck. Most of the road I drive do not have any data in the SD card. Those who have the speed sign on the HUD has TSR unlock. All the car with HUD (At least the US) have capability to do TSR. They simply need MDARS and M-MDS (dealer tool) to modify the the computer to unlock the function. Currently the function is disable in our car. Maybe we should all contact Mazda and ask them to make TSR a free update. I ask my dealer to unlock it for me and they refuse to do it. They tell me they are not allow to do it. (Those who have TSR got it from update the computer software or ask dealer for unlock).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Update:

After I went to dealership to fix the Fuel Efficiency Bug(Average Fuel Efficiency will only decrease and will not increase ?), now I have TSR in my US Mazda 3!

·
Registered
46 Posts
What year and trim level. What other updates have been performed. Also, what firmware version is your Mazda connect infotainment system?
I updated the Mazda connect to 10050 myself before the dealership visit, so I know there was nothing to do with the Mazda connect infotainment.
I have a 2019 Mazda 3 Premium Hatch
They did the fuel efficiency update and MSP56 LOCKS update. (This might be one of the updated that make me have the TSR)

·
Registered
Mazda 3 2019 Hatch 1.5 AT
30 Posts
Hi, we are here in Ukrainian Mazda 3 forum have the same discusions. So how i understand, speed limit starts working after upgrading firmware?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went to my socal Mazda dealership today to have an change done and while there asked tech if he could use mdars and m-mds to turn on tsr. He said he didn't see anything in there to turn it on, so he decided to update the bcm and pcm. He then took it for a drive and the max speed limit came up in the heads up display. He thinks updating the bcm is what did it. So make sure you tell tech to update the bcm and just in case the pcm and you should have tsr enabled after that

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can enable/disable the TSR feature by going to the following section:

Settings > In-Vehicle Displays > Traffic Sign Recognition

Needs to have the Navigation SD card inserted for this option to show in the menu.

Please try it.

Let us know.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is no traffic sign recognition for the US market. I traded in my mazda 3 2017 GT, which had TSR, it could alert you to stop signs and wrong way signs. You would also get a warning that would indicate when you were speeding in the HUD.
The premium trim in my 2020 hatchback with a nav chip only displays speed limits based off Nav data. There is no speeding warning.

The US market got the short end of the stick when it comes to features in the premium levels. I had to give up, TSR, heated steering wheel and regenerative breaking going from 2017 GT to 2020 premium. The Australian, UK, and German markets Mazda 3 top trims include: TSR, heated steering wheel, cylinder deactivation, read parking sensors with 360 camera, forward collisions warning, auto dimming side mirrors, rear seat air vents, rear USB ports, and of course Skyactive X.

Looks like we gave up all those great features to get the bigger 2.5 engine, other markets get the 2.0 or Skyactive X.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts