2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda 3 2015 nav auto. UK
Sat nav is working but no sounds at all.
When an instruction is due the driver's side speaker goes quiet (when radio is working) but no guidance instructions are issued.
Under the settings menu, guidance volume is set high and other warning tones are enabled.
I bought the car recently & this has always been the case since I owned it.
Does anyone know what the solution to this silence might be?

·
Registered
157 Posts
not sure... I get guidance but it's barely audible when I have the music turned up (level 40 or so). It just seems like the volume is not adaptive which it should be and also the music needs to be turned down before the guidance is issued not just muting the left speaker. I would not want the guidance volume set a high and then be crazy loud when i have nothing else playing.

It just seems like it is implemented incorrectly based on my experience with other cars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that. unfortunately I don't get a peep or whisper out of mine, just the driver's side speaker quietening when an instruction is due. No beeps or other warnings either.
I wonder if other people are or have struggled with this situation?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Try increasing the volume using the usual steering wheel buttons or commander knob while the sat nav is (supposed to be) giving guidance instructions. The volume controls (on our late 2015 UK SE-L Nav auto) swap over to adjusting the nav volume while the lady speaks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
HI,
I have this and I believe it is a known bug with V56 of the software. easiest way to cure is either do a soft reset when the unit is running, or hard reset from the menu.

This normally cures it for me

Mark

·
Registered
61 Posts
If turning the volume knob up while it's supposed to be speaking directions, and bluetooth isn't connected (to rule it out), it's probably best to bring it to the dealer to have it reset.

·
Keen driver of the 2017 3
15 Posts
Mazda 3 2015 nav auto. UK
Sat nav is working but no sounds at all.
When an instruction is due the driver's side speaker goes quiet (when radio is working) but no guidance instructions are issued.
Under the settings menu, guidance volume is set high and other warning tones are enabled.
I bought the car recently & this has always been the case since I owned it.
Does anyone know what the solution to this silence might be?
This is a well known bug, which has plagued successive firmware versions. It happened on my 2014 Mazda 3 (BM) and also (still happens) on my 2017 3 (BN). Mazda claim to fix it with MZD Connect updates and my experience with the last car is that they kinda do, until the problem recurs with the next update (needed to fix something else)... It is a joke and the reason why this Mazda will be my last.

You have to fight the dealer to get the updates too. This is not a problem Mazda have ever appear to have "owned" i.e. they keep selling vehicles with this issue knowing I guess that only a handful of customers use the functionality.

One tip ... if you really need voice guidance, allow the system to initialise with the engine off (i.e. in acc mode) before starting the engine. That means waiting for the 30-40 seconds or so that it takes for the system to fully boot up. This usually ensures voice guidance is available when you do start the engine. It also means that other bugs (like failure of the system to snch with your phone contacts) are minimised.

If you just jump in the car and push the go button, 9 times out of 10, voice guidance won't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just came across myself in my MAZDA 3 2015 today and did all below steps in less than 30 mins

all i did was updated the navigation sim card

you`ll need a sim card reader and also download MAZDA TOOLBOX to a PC

open toolbox click on update if not up to version wait til complete place sim back into car i also took for a drive afterwards to see it worked easy as

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just came across this day in my mazda 3 2015

I fixed this by updating my Navigation sim card

all you need to do is have a sim card reader and download MAZDA TOOLBOX and update sim if needed

after finished place back into car take for drive to see if it worked did for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts