2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mazda 3 FTW
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem where after entering navigation, there are no roads or anything and the map is just white, although all the buttons and UI is still there. This happens like 1 out of 3 times I turn my car on. Although It can be fixed by rebooting the CMU, I find it very annoying.

I did apply the usb mod for the touchscreen to work while moving but I didn't even have navigation installed too much before I did that so I can't tell if that has anything to do with it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've never seen this. If you are not on 150.55.00.753A NA you might want to update to this version which is the latest for US. Also have you taken out your SD card and used Mazda Toolbox to update it to the latest maps?

·
Mazda 3 FTW
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never seen this. If you are not on 150.55.00.753A NA you might want to update to this version which is the latest for US. Also have you taken out your SD card and used Mazda Toolbox to update it to the latest maps?
I forgot to post back but after updating the SD from Mazda toolbox the problem is totally gone. :smile2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
In case this info might help someone else I purchased my 2016 Mazda3 iTouring just after Christmas of 2015 (I'll double check but I'm 100% sure I'm on the latest "150.55.00.753A NA") and got the correct newest nav card a couple of weeks later. I've had no problem at all with the nav map until about a week or so ago. I have the exact same problem. Nav acts like it's functioning correctly but the entire land area is just either grey (daytime) or black (night). No roads or anything. Absolutely nothing has changed about either the firmware or the nav card and the only time the nav card has been out of the car was when I first got it and set it up with mazda toolbox. What's very odd is that yesterday the nav worked without issue then later that day it was back to not working. Tonight I'm going to pull it out and see if mazda toolbox prompts for an update and if that in fact fixes the problem. I'll report back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts