2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread triggered me to ask this directly. Is there an OEM setting to change the way these two functions interact (other than the separate NAV volume setting)? If not, does the AIO project have a good tweak to customize it?

Issue (for me at least). I cannot find a good setting between "NAV lady" volume and the music I'm playing. Okay, maybe that's not entirely true; at low music volume they coexist "alright". But at the levels I typically prefer, there is no happy medium between the two. The NAV is either hard to hear or so loud that listening to the track playing is worthless.

@Tristan-cx5, you might be the most qualified to speak to what I'm thinking might be the best solution from all not so great options. I know that one of the tweaks pauses music rather than muting it when you press the mute button. Does it also behave the same way automatically when a call comes in or the NAV directions cut in? If not, is that possible? Thanks for all your work on that project!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
When the Nav lady is talking, adjusting the volume makes her louder. Otherwise it adjusts the music volume. You should be able to find a good balance.

I find the third generation to be much better then the fourth for hearing NAV and radio since NAV only comes out of the driver’s side speaker. I liked the fact that in the third generation, I could ignore the NAV instructions and still hear the book on tape when the instruction repeats. I end up turning off the NAV volume in the new Mazda.

·
Registered
827 Posts
@The Italian : Most probably I am not the one you wishes me to be - as I am not a/the developer, just a helping user. The tweak you refer to is "Pause on Mute", which is included in any FW 70:

As far as I know it only works for media, but I have not used the tweak for approx 1.5 years as my MZD runs FW 70.
Muting when a call comes in is standard (also with that tweak) I guess. And the navigation girl talks while the radio plays music - that was always standard (also with that tweak).

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you go with Apple CarPlay, when Waze speaks, Stitcher is paused. I have not tried the other types of audio with Waze.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@The Italian : Most probably I am not the one you wishes me to be - as I am not a/the developer, just a helping user. The tweak you refer to is "Pause on Mute", which is included in any FW 70:
View attachment 275309

As far as I know it only works for media, but I have not used the tweak for approx 1.5 years as my MZD runs FW 70.
Muting when a call comes in is standard (also with that tweak) I guess. And the navigation girl talks while the radio plays music - that was always standard (also with that tweak).
Okay, thanks @Tristan-cx5. @19-AWD-3, I don't know much about Apple play. If you are forced to use things like iTunes, then I'm out. I own a huge library of music and I would rather play it directly through the USB port.

I also read something recently about Google (app or whatever) merging with the Android equivalent of the Apple app you mentioned. Does anyone know what I'm referring to? Will it open up any opportunities for our vehicles and if not, will it interfere with any tweaks?

Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts