2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an unmodded infotainment system in a 2016 Mazda 3, and recently - I think starting about two months ago - the nav system has switched the color scheme for the maps at night time. Previously, at night, the background was black and the roads were grey. Now, however, the background is a slightly different shade of grey from the roads, making it difficult to see the roads at a glance.

Has anyone else seen this? I've searched the forums, but don't see anyone else complaining about it. I took my car in to the dealer, and they updated the firmware to the latest, but I'm still getting the grey-on-grey color scheme.

I *think* this may have happened after I updated the maps, but I didn't use the nav system at night for a while after that, so I'm not sure about that. When I have time I'll try re-updating the maps, to see if that fixes things, but I'm hoping someone else here might have some insight into what's going on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not that I've been able to see. You've got a choice between day/night, and brightness and contrast, but nothing that will change the non-road background at night back to black.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not that I've been able to see. You've got a choice between day/night, and brightness and contrast, but nothing that will change the non-road background at night back to black.
Did you double check to make sure your contrast and brightness didn't get messed up? Isn't there an option to reset the settings to default for the NAV system?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I've tried every combination of brightness/contrast, to no appreciable effect. Crappy phone photo is attached - the black half on the right is a park, which shows streets, but on the the left there are also streets. Basically all you can see are the street names, though.

There's a "reset to default settings" option, which I did, but that just puts the brightness/contrast sliders to the middle position.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, I've tried every combination of brightness/contrast, to no appreciable effect. Crappy phone photo is attached - the black half on the right is a park, which shows streets, but on the the left there are also streets. Basically all you can see are the street names, though.

There's a "reset to default settings" option, which I did, but that just puts the brightness/contrast sliders to the middle position.
this is setting at Map Theme view.. take time and browser the setting of Map navigation view theme. bring it back to default

·
Registered
245 Posts
The instrument cluster brightness also has an effect on the center display screen. The little knob that you push to reset the trip odometers can be turned clockwise and counter-clockwise. Try starting up your car, putting it on the navigation screen, and then turning the knob each way until it's all the way up or down and see if it makes a difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts