2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me here. I recently tried to upgrade my nav SD card (card is labeled BHP1 66 EZ1F, but I've updated 2-3 times before) and it failed during the flashing process. Afterwards, Windows could not read the card, saying it needed to be formatted. The Mazda Toolbox software would no longer read the card. I did make a backup before updating, but the software wouldn't give me any option to restore the backup. Unfortunately I didn't make a manual backup as I foolishly though the toolbox backup was sufficient. I ended up wiping the card.

I managed to recover some files from the card using the software "Recuva". Specifically I have the device.nng file and what appears to be 3 lyc files:

Mazda_13CY_NA_NQ_2018_Q2_<string>.lyc
Mazda_13CY_NA_NQ_2019_Q2_<string>.lyc
Mazda_13CY_NA_NQ_2020_Q4_<string>.lyc

I downloaded the BHP1 66 EZ1C.ISO file that's going around and restored that to the card, and copied the .nng and .lyc files (all of them and also one at a time) to the license folder but it doesn't work. The toolbox software does not detect the card anymore. Maybe the ISO I used is too old, but I really don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Am I screwed here? Is there any way to restore my backup from Mazda's servers?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Things I would do if I had this problem:
1. Copy the restored files to the computer
2. Format the SD-Card (not fast)
3. Insert the blank SD-card to your computer
4. Start Mazda Toolbox Software & search for the recover option (there should be one, as you stored your backup of your license at the Mazda/NaviExtra-Servers - like described here: Mazda).
5. If this does not work, create a folder at the SD-card named license and copy your restored lyc-files (licenses) in. Then start the Mazda Toolbox and see, if the SD-card is recognized.
6. If still not working, I would see the dealer and let him fix it or contact the naviextras/mazda team via e-mail (if you find any for your region)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4. Start Mazda Toolbox Software & search for the recover option (there should be one, as you stored your backup of your license at the Mazda/NaviExtra-Servers - like described here: Mazda).
5. If this does not work, create a folder at the SD-card named license and copy your restored lyc-files (licenses) in. Then start the Mazda Toolbox and see, if the SD-card is recognized.
6. If still not working, I would see the dealer and let him fix it or contact the naviextras/mazda team via e-mail (if you find any for your region)
Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, but the software basically just tells me plug in the SD card. It doesn't detect it, and the software will not give me any option to restore. It seems like there's two different pieces of software: One named "Mazda toolbox" and another named "Mazda Update Toolbox". "Mazda Toolbox" is the one I did the backup in and doesn't give me the restore option, at least not while the SD card is not detected. I tried the "Mazda Update Toolbox" software, and there's a restore option there, but it says there are no backups available.

I can support with Navi restore. Just PM me
PM Sent.

·
2018 mazda owner
41 Posts
Try Amazon or eBay. I bought mine for $75. Only problem is it has been 3 yrs and now I have to pay for the update through Mazda tool box. So I just use Google maps on my phone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts