2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

NAV & Radio cut out intermittantly

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JAT 
#1 ·
Greetings, Noobie here. I notice that the most recent post on this sub-forum is three months old. I guess I will find out just how often folks visit and read these posts........

Here's the background: 2009 Speed3 with factory Bose and NAV. No modifications to audio or NAV. Car bought new by my son, who wrenches for a living, and has been a California car (no salted roads) since new. He left the car with me while he is back east for school. No collision/damage history. Approximately 65,000 miles currently showing on odo.

Current issue: while driving the radio/NAV will cut out momentarily with the NAV rebooting itself. I thought I would research the problem on line before digging in and a google search turned up this forum. I used the search function here and find that similar reported problems from several years ago seem to involve either a loose ground or aftermarket equipment. There were also several anecdotal posts suggesting corrosion in/on the PJB. Not much in the way of closure on this issue.

My goal here is to follow up with the membership here to see if there is a definitive diagnosis/solution for this.

Thanks in advance for all insight/assistance offered.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.