2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife has a 2013 Mazda 3 itouring model, can I buy the better oem radio with the screen and plug and play, or is there a lot more for it to work.
thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
I know the nav display in the middle was mostly plug and play (I had to add a few wires for the sound). I think the nav display that replaces the head unit is plug and play as well, however you will need to add the GPS antena.

Support and map updates for both systems do not exist. For the money on the stock unit you may want to look into an aftermarket unit, start with Eonon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, have a few questions so you had no sound from the radio is there a kit to make this work. Also my wife does need the nav to work just the radio and Bluetooth and strering wheel control to work. Does the screen show what music band you are playing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just for clarity this is my nav screen.

I need to add the wires from the Nav unit to the head unit to hear the sound from the nav unit. By adding the nav I did not loose any functionality.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
The unit you are looking at should be plug and play.

If you already had Bluetooth, it is a separate module and will function with the unit. The buttons should all work.

I did a bit of looking online and it appears that the SD card for the NAV is not in the head unit, it is in the storage box between the seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts