2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that Mazda releases NAV Updates for North America twice per year. Is there a typical time frame when Mazda releases the map updates? I know the Toolbox isn't available yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has there been an update recently? I just got the SD card but I'm not sure how to update it. I downloaded the Mazda Toolbox but it's not detecting my SD card for some reason.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The last I saw on this topic was that Mazda had not released the utility for the New infotainment in the Mazda3. Having said that when I just went to the Mazda toolbox it updated with v4.4 but unfortunately my SD card is still in my car. I’m not sure if v4.4 will allow update of the new infotainment format or not, but I’ll give it a try when I can get my hands on my SD card. Anyone else attempted update recently?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've installed Toolbox version 5.0 on both Windows 10 and MacOS 10.14.6 and neither one recognizes the new nav SD card for my 2019 Mazda3. FYI, I purchased the Mazda nav card from my local Mazda dealer, it's the OEM card.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same problem with my eBay purchased card. Anyone get the toolbox to recognize the card?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I downloaded the new updated toolbox, and it installed a map update dated June and informs me I have free updates until June 2024. I bought my car in the UK and the dealer supplied the Nav card.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too downloaded the updated toolbox version 5.0.02002132036.
The programs run fine. It asks to insert the SD card.
Once the card inserted, it appears on my desktop screen as an icon.
I can get access to the files on the card but nothing happens in the tool box screen.
Mazda3 sedan 2019 Canada.
Any advices.
Thanks.
Capture d’écran 2019-09-16 à 16.50.51.png

·
Registered
201 Posts
NEW Toolbox Version 5.0, as it is ONLY for NNG 2019, next generation Mazda's like all new 2019 Mazda 3 (BP) and all new Mazda CX-30 (DM).
I Did try to update Maps for a CX-3 in Version 5.0 and it said can not do, use other Toolbox (Version 4.4), when I did the Maps Updated as normal.

Did you FIRST Register and Make an Account in the new 5.0 Toolbox, BEFORE insertions....
As website says...
  • Download the Toolbox to your computer and create an account.
  • Eject the SD Card from your Mazda Connect navigation system and insert it into your computer.
  • Follow the Mazda Update Toolbox on-screen instructions to update your map.
  • Re-insert the SD card into your Mazda Connect navigation system.
HOW TO UPDATE Link
*Get started
*Log-in and Registration
*Download and install map updates or updates from your subscription
*Settings
*Backup/Restore contents

·
Registered
201 Posts
Appears 'some' new Mazda owners 'may' be having issues updating their NNG/Here Maps for their 2019~ Mazda 3 or CX-30.
PLEASE be Aware that you MUST use the all new Mazda Toolbox Version 5.0 see link below in blue.
You can not use this new Mazda NNG Toolbox App on first generation version of Mazda/MZD Connect from 2014 to present old gen Mazda's you must use version 4.4, this IS NOT the Thread for YOU.

As like before in 2014 the Toolbox APP has minor software/bug issues which get updated and resolved over time, but still OK to use now.
Some Owners can not get past the First Base as YOU MUST Make an ACCOUNT/Register FIRST before you can update your NNG Maps, they need your Name, Country and Email Address.....download this App link below..
CONNECT II Toolbox Download LINK
How to Create an Account worked for me.....
1. Download and Run the NEW Mazda Toolbox App Version 5.0--------. and install it on your PC, then CLOSE the program.(then sometimes a PC Reboot helps).
2. INSERT your NAVi SD CARD, Click on the Toolbox Shortcut to start it's operation again.
You will see 'Connecting to Server' and a Welcome Message.
IF YOU DO NOT SEE ANY ACCOUNT CREATE ICON...Continue with 3,4,5,6 -7.
3. Click on the left 3 lined ''Burger'' Icon.
4. Click on the RESTORE word, WAIT, you will then get 'No backups available...you have not backed up your device yet', this is all OK, do not panic.
5. You will then See a blue "HOME" Button on the Bottom Right of screen, click on this Home button.
6. YES!, now See the round blue LOGIN Icon or the create an ACCOUNT Icon.
7. Click on Create Account and go from there.

This account creation is only needed to be done ONCE (save your Login details)
Get back to us and let us know your outcome..
Looks like you can not use a previously used or old email address with NNG.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ASH8, thank for your detailed suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work for me. I still get the same results of the Toolbox not seeing the SD card. I never get to a login screen. Something a little odd is when I plug in my SD card I get a Windows 10 notification stating "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it". I did not do this. I assume this has something to do with he proprietary nature of the file system on this card. I'm able to read the SD's files and folders in Explorer without a problem.

I've also tried turning off the firewall, deleting and reinstalling the Mazda app several times, and using another Windows 10 laptop all with the same results. I don't know if it matters, but my Mazda 3 is a U.S. model built in Mexico.

I called Mazda Customer Service and they were useless and referred me to my dealer and the Mazda Bluetooth/NAV support line. I called this group and got nowhere. The tech said they do not support this generation system and until they do speaking to the dealer is my only option.

·
Registered
104 Posts
ASH8, thank for your detailed suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work for me. I still get the same results of the Toolbox not seeing the SD card. I never get to a login screen. Something a little odd is when I plug in my SD card I get a Windows 10 notification stating "There's a problem with this drive. Scan the drive now and fix it". I did not do this. I assume this has something to do with he proprietary nature of the file system on this card. I'm able to read the SD's files and folders in Explorer without a problem.

I've also tried turning off the firewall, deleting and reinstalling the Mazda app several times, and using another Windows 10 laptop all with the same results. I don't know if it matters, but my Mazda 3 is a U.S. model built in Mexico.

I called Mazda Customer Service and they were useless and referred me to my dealer and the Mazda Bluetooth/NAV support line. I called this group and got nowhere. The tech said they do not support this generation system and until they do speaking to the dealer is my only option.
I wonder if the fact that this SD card was purchased off eBay (for an older MAZDA CONNECT CMU?) could be the cause of your issue? I'm guessing it is a different part number and maybe there are (hidden) files that may be different than the ones the new toolbox is looking for?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder if the fact that this SD card was purchased off eBay (for an older MAZDA CONNECT CMU?) could be the cause of your issue? I'm guessing it is a different part number and maybe there are (hidden) files that may be different than the ones the new toolbox is looking for?
That's what I would have thought but there's 2 people on this thread with the same problem and they obtained the card from their dealer. I'm wondering if the problem pertains only to US/CAN/MEX models.
Before I bought the card I confirmed the p/n of the eBay card for USA/CAN/MEX with a dealer and Mazda Customer Service. Anyone else buy the SD card from eBay seller quantum-technology and have successfully updated it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Follow up here.
I did as told by ASH8 and like you i can't access a log in screen. Card furnished and installed by the dealer.
My card is identified by a NO NAME folder title.
The app connect to the server fine and then ask me to insert the card. I do and nothing happens. I try to restore the card and I get the you have not backed up your device yet. I hit the HOME button and i am back to the welcome screen.......:(:cry::mad:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts