2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our NAV system has suddenly lost audio turn by turn route instructions. Strangely, it will announce "route recalculation" when needed. Text route instructions are displayed. The NAV mute box is not checked. I've removed and reinserted the SD card but it didn't help. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks.

·
Zoom Zoom
100 Posts
Our NAV system has suddenly lost audio turn by turn route instructions. Strangely, it will announce "route recalculation" when needed. Text route instructions are displayed. The NAV mute box is not checked. I've removed and reinserted the SD card but it didn't help. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Thanks.
This happened to me the other day too. You have to go into Navigation settings, and then its in there somewhere under navigation volumn. You need to click on the setting and then move the dial to make the volume go up. The navigation voice will says something like this is the navigation volume.
It could very well have been accidentally turned off if you were adjusting the music volume when the navigation voice was on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but tried this too several times. When moving the volume slider the audio change is announced but it didn't cure the problem.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I would just do a soft reset of the infotainment system with the SD card removed....I suspect it is very simple fix that doesn't need overkill thinking.

On a side note, I do experience the identical issue B Goes Zoom Zoom describes and I have to be very mindful as it is a simple annoying issue. Have a tendency to turn the Nav setting down to zero when it is too loud and the only way to get the volume back again from zero is to go into the Nav settings...I try to remember not to turn down all the way and that way I can adjust the volume back up again by adjusting the Nav button.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday the dealer fixed the NAV route audio problem by reinstalling Connect 10018 firmware. Nice to have her speaking to us again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This happened to me the other day too. You have to go into Navigation settings, and then its in there somewhere under navigation volumn. You need to click on the setting and then move the dial to make the volume go up. The navigation voice will says something like this is the navigation volume.
It could very well have been accidentally turned off if you were adjusting the music volume when the navigation voice was on.
Exact same issue, thanks for the 10018 lead. My dealership tried the SD Card removal and seemed to have no idea what was going on or how to address it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
A guy in the German forum had the same issue. The dealer tried the factory reset with no success. Then he has disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes and after that the navi voice was back again.
I've the same issue, but I havne't tried to disconnet the battery yet (wheater is too bad :)). I also think that only the combination of a factory reset and battery disconnect solves the issue. Or maybe the MZD is completly shutdown when the battery is disconnected, which forced a reboot and solves the issue. Anyway, maybe someone find the time to doublecheck if this helps. Or does anybody know how to reboot the MZD without disconnecting the battery? The service menue doesn't contain this option, or?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yesterday the dealer fixed the NAV route audio problem by reinstalling Connect 10018 firmware. Nice to have her speaking to us again.
Do you know what module or menu sequence they should do for it? Because my dealer don't know how to do it.

I've restarted MZD Connect and did not solved it. Next attempt will be to update the maps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do you know what module or menu sequence they should do for it? Because my dealer don't know how to do it.

I've restarted MZD Connect and did not solved it. Next attempt will be to update the maps.
How did you restart your system?

·
Registered
399 Posts
You are right, I can try that.
I'm just thinking if there is any downside for having the battery disconnected by 10 minutes in a car with so much tech.
I imagine there is none as I remember the owner's manual advise to do it if you are going to leave the car parked for a long time.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Half hour with the battery disconnected and no luck for me.

Maybe this was what I missed...

I also think that only the combination of a factory reset and battery disconnect solves the issue.
knowing that...

The dealer tried the factory reset with no success.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts