2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the nav in my 2015 is frozen. The rest of the infotainment seems fine. But when I switch to nav it is locked on a single location that I went to like 3 weeks ago. I tried doing a reset by holding the back, nav, and mute buttons. Did this twice but nothing changed. It is like when I was at that location the nav just died. Is there something I can try or am I visiting the dealer? Thanks

Don

·
Registered
312 Posts
So the nav in my 2015 is frozen. The rest of the infotainment seems fine. But when I switch to nav it is locked on a single location that I went to like 3 weeks ago. I tried doing a reset by holding the back, nav, and mute buttons. Did this twice but nothing changed. It is like when I was at that location the nav just died. Is there something I can try or am I visiting the dealer? Thanks

Don
Try removing the NAV SD card and checking it using Mazda Toolbox. Also since you did not say it it is assumed you have not installed any of the hacks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no hacks installed. Just what came factory with one dealer installed update. How do I check with Mazda toolbox. I get the part of removing the SD and putting it into my laptop. When I open Mazda toolbox what would I do then? Please keep in mind I am 50 years old and have limited computer knowledge. Thanks

Don

·
Registered
312 Posts
No no hacks installed. Just what came factory with one dealer installed update. How do I check with Mazda toolbox. I get the part of removing the SD and putting it into my laptop. When I open Mazda toolbox what would I do then? Please keep in mind I am 50 years old and have limited computer knowledge. Thanks

Don
I think diagnostics is under settings, it or one of the options will check the card for errors. This post is about something slightly different but it had to do with troubleshooting maps update. MX-5 Miata Forum - View Single Post - New Map updates available as of Sep. 8 2016

Doing a map update might solve the issue also if one of the files became corrupted but that should not happen but you never know.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I decided to open the toolbox and there was an update in there. I am in the process of updating now and will see if this helps. If not I will go into settings and see what I can find. Thanks for the tips

Don

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I performed the update but the nav is still frozen in the same spot. I guess a stop at the dealer to schedule an appointment is in order

Don

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well I performed the update but the nav is still frozen in the same spot. I guess a stop at the dealer to schedule an appointment is in order

Don
Check your GPS signal - mine is similarly frozen and the unit will not acquire any GPS satellites. I'm going to bring mine in as well; I believe the GPS antenna is broken. Like you, a map (and CMU) update did not resolve.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My wife has the car now so I can't check it, but I recall there is a way to check the satellite status. Is the NAV menu at the bottom of the screen OK? If so, there should be a settings at the far right and maybe that can tell you.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an appointment on Friday. I also believe that I have lost signal. How is the signal checked?

Don

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have an appointment on Friday. I also believe that I have lost signal. How is the signal checked?

Don
From the NAV screen, select the Information from the bottom menu (third from the left) and then select GPS Information. It should show you what the satellite reception is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to the dealer today and an update got my nav running again. But dumbass me forgot to remove my flash drive for my music and I lost it all. After noticing I no longer had my music folder on any computer (one new computer and one was updated to Windows 10) and my iPod nearly dead I finally got the iPod working enough to extract the files. That was a few hours I would like to have back

Don

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. I'll be taking mine in this week for this issue and my center console lid with dislocated pin.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts