2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND WATCH THIS PROJECT GROW!

----->
NAPKIN'S INSTAGRAM - CLICK HERE! <-----

Well....even tho I love my car, it was ratchet and disgusting when it was stock. So I figured I'd make a build thread about whats changed, so here we go!

This is literally the ONLY pic I have of it when it was stock, but we all know what a stock '12 Mz3 looks like so who cares!

Soon after, I had to start getting rid of the chrome and silver, so I bought some local plasti dip and went at it.

this is the finished product:

Soon afterwards, I had my resonator and 2nd cat removed, as well as a Magnaflow muffler to replace the OEM one. No pics...but I have a video of how it sounds.

Next thing I did was De-badge it until I got a hold on an Axela badge

Then I went for a good 2 months, saving up on my college budget, to buy wheel spacers to get rid of that nasty sunken in look.

Pics are Before and After. I used 20mm spacers for the front and back. Came out better than I thought.

Before

After
Mmmm, look at that little baby poke up front. MEXI FLUSH YEAAAA.

Decided to paint my brakes while the wheels were off.

Then I decided to give it some character by painting the tail lights using VHT paint. Yea yea I know i shoulda taken off the light. but I didn't have the tools or knowledge on how to do it, so I stuck to what I knew how to do, which was mask the Sh** out of everything.

Finished product. I plasti-dipped the emblems while I was doing the lights...now the only chrome to get rid of are baking and painting the headlights!

Some of my stickers, but lets not even go to my rear window...

8/10/13: Road Magnets installed. 1.75 drop with more settling to come!
Before:

After:

Horrible pic ^^ I'll try to get a better one tomorrow!

8/10/13: Rally Armor Mud Flaps Installed...

And more to come!

UPDATE 11/28/13

INSTALLED BIGGER TIPS TO GO WITH THE CUSTOM EXHAUST. MIGHT AS WELL HAVE THE LOOK TO GO WITH THE SOUND. AMIRITE!?

Hopefully you can see the difference.

Btw, my exhaust sound alot different from the first video after I went thru my straight pipe disaster.

------------------------> http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/off-topic-lounge/11394-bullsh-t-thread-799.html#post362113 <--------------------

ANYWAYS lol​

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Many more mods to come, so stay tuned!

UPDATE: 1/23/2014 - NEW WHEELS!

So my original idea was to get gold XXR 530s, but Im a true fan of black on black, and i just couldnt let it go. Also, i couldnt get past the multi lug pattern look on them, along with most XXRs, so, I went and got these instead.

This is how it sits on the front...

and on the back

These wheels also have quite a bit of concavity to them, considering they're only 18"s.

ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I finally got a roof spoiler. to me, it makes the car look 10x better. I lurve it haha.

Bang Bang!

Been gone for a while, but a few things have changed! I've finally got coilovers! I ended up getting Racelands. Keep the negativity to yourself please.

7/28/14

I needed to roll the fenders if i wanted to have any sort of clearance. I eneded up using an angle grinder and just completely shaving off all 4 of my fenders because racekar.

This is how it sat AT FIRST!!! I was satisfied with this low for all of 2 days. After that i realized i wanted to go lower.

8/01/14

This is how it sat afterwards, I cant go any lower than this. Rear perches, rubber seating, and front helper springs are all gone. I am truly satisfied with the way it sits now!

8/10/14

About 2 weeks after this, I went ahead and started working on performance, since appearance is pretty much where i want it. I purchased a Corksport SRI. I absolutely love the way it sounds and couldn't be happier with it. I honestly don't even care if it only adds 1 hp lol. Hearing the sound of the SRI + MSDS Headers + 3" DP back exhaust makes me fall in love with my car all over again, every time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that's all for now. Tune in next time for more! Still many more mods to come!

Future Mods in no particular order:
BC Coilovers
OEM Sideskirts
Hella Horns
CS Rear Sway Bar
3000k & 6000k HIDs
and lip kit w/ STI front lip since no one wants to release one for 2012 Mz3...

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Looks great! And move the RSB to the top of the to do list! To date it's still the best/most enjoyed mod I've done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great job, I like how the tails came out, how does it look while reversing though? I might want to do this but I want to make sure people can tell that i'm reversing to avoid the already crappy drivers here in vegas.

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great job, I like how the tails came out, how does it look while reversing though? I might want to do this but I want to make sure people can tell that i'm reversing to avoid the already crappy drivers here in vegas.
thanks lol, and honestly, the reverse light is in no way at all white anymore. If you were to be reversing, it just looks like your braking...that's the only flaw. Luckily for me tho, I tend to back up into parking spaces/driveways so it doesn't really effect me. I say go for it tho dude!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Man, those RA flaps are aggressive looking...suits your car...it's looking great!

I couldn't help but notice the stickers in the windshield...I couldn't wait to get rid of the stupid registration and inspection stickers when I moved from Texas earlier in the year...at least your state inspection is on straight/angled correctly...I had a blind person put my last one in and it was so lopsided and not close to the edge at all and as you know you can't reposition them once its on.

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, those RA flaps are aggressive looking...suits your car...it's looking great!

I couldn't help but notice the stickers in the windshield...I couldn't wait to get rid of the stupid registration and inspection stickers when I moved from Texas earlier in the year...at least your state inspection is on straight/angled correctly...I had a blind person put my last one in and it was so lopsided and not close to the edge at all and as you know you can't reposition them once its on.
Haha thanks man i appreciate it! and yea i wish texas would put the registration stickers near the license plate like 99% of the country does...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
you should sand and polish the rear lights to make them shiny :p

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you should sand and polish the rear lights to make them shiny :p
I know right?!?!? alot of people have been saying they look fine, but to me they didnt and i knew it! I think what the problem is, is that i did too many layers, so it wont be able to shine without sanding some off.

Soon they shall be shiny.....

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I know right?!?!? alot of people have been saying they look fine, but to me they didnt and i knew it! I think what the problem is, is that i did too many layers, so it wont be able to shine without sanding some off.

Soon they shall be shiny.....
nah sand and polish will always be shinier than no sand and polish
plus for red u kinda have to do more layers or it won't be red enough

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah sand and polish will always be shinier than no sand and polish
plus for red u kinda have to do more layers or it won't be red enough
well after they dried, I wet sanded them with 2k grit sand paper and wax/polished em again....and they look exactly the same lol. Woe is me.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
well after they dried, I wet sanded them with 2k grit sand paper and wax/polished em again....and they look exactly the same lol. Woe is me.
you are missing the rubbing compound
wetsand(1500/2000), rubbing compound, then polish, then wax
btw i like your signature lol

·
Thank You Based God!
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Im surprised no ones given you a hard time about painting over your reverse light. I like it tho. I think red tails on our cars is bomb lol. Plus everyone does the smoked look. Love the build keep it up!.

A few people have, but I don't pay them any attention, there's always gunna be people that feel the need to hate. and Thanks!

UPDATE 11/28/13

INSTALLED BIGGER TIPS TO GO WITH THE CUSTOM EXHAUST. MIGHT AS WELL HAVE THE LOOK TO GO WITH THE SOUND. AMIRITE!?

Hopefully you can see the difference.

Btw, my exhaust sound alot different from the first video after I went thru my straight pipe disaster.

------------------------> http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/off-topic-lounge/11394-bullsh-t-thread-799.html#post362113 <--------------------

ANYWAYS lol​

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Many more mods to come, so stay tuned!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts