2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I have SGT 2014, 2 weeks ago I installed the front camera in the local audio shop(I bought all the necessary wires and the controller after reading lots guide here). Everything is working fine until today. As you can see in the pictures:

1. My genius SD Map becomes "invalid SD Card" (Sorry no pic)
2. All safety options include BSD, rain sensor...headlights timeout....are gray out
3. HUD height and brightness setting are missing
4. When I in reverse, factory backup camera doesn't show up, so does newly install the front camera.
5. The screen doesn't auto dim anymore after switching the headlight on and off

That's all I have found out so far, maybe more...
Everything was working beautifully until today I got off the work and started the car in the lot. I just doubled checked the wire behind the console, and also removed and re-plugged all the cables. I will go to the local shop again this weekend to check if there may be some loss wires deep down I can't reach and see. Anyone has experienced any similar problem, please kindly provide some help before I go to dealers for sky-high labor fees

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
My be a dumb question, but has the Infotainment system been rebooted? (press Mute+NAV for some seconds, if I recall).

·
Mazda Chick
12 Posts
Could you post the link for putting a front facing camera from this forum? Cause i didn't think it was possible to add a front facing camera without either programming the infotainment system or using a separate screen for the camera. if its just an on board camera then your infotainment system is simply corrupted and a reboot might fix it if not you should go kick the crap out of the people who installed the camera and get them to undo it or go to the dealership and see if they'll reload the OS for free.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Could you post the link for putting a front facing camera from this forum? Cause i didn't think it was possible to add a front facing camera without either programming the infotainment system or using a separate screen for the camera. if its just an on board camera then your infotainment system is simply corrupted and a reboot might fix it if not you should go kick the crap out of the people who installed the camera and get them to undo it or go to the dealership and see if they'll reload the OS for free.
http://mzdconnect-art.16mb.com/en/

·
Mazda Chick
12 Posts
It sounds Like wiring to me but without going over it myself cause there is multiple ways of wiring it based on the installation i couldn't give you a answer without looking. take a look at the wiring and see if it was done properly. if its correct try a reboot. if that doesnt work you could look into reinstalling the OS but only if you feel comfortable doing it yourself if not then go talk to the snakes at Mazda about reloading the operating system. I haven't done this project so i don't know the exact fix. I wish i could do more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today I started the car, magically everything returned back to normal; however, It stopped working again after I started the car the second time. I removed the controller and restored the original harness to its original location. My backup camera returned, and all the setting are back as well. I put the controller back again, now everything is working excepts front camera still not coming up. Yesterday both front and the backup camera didn't work. I will see what the seller goona say about it.

Also, yesterday I upgraded my 441 to 504(was thinking about it gonna fix the camera problem, unfortunately not at all), now latest version all in one no longer install. Yes. I installed the ID7 and Dryrun says it has been activated. After I upgraded to 504, I plug in all in one, 20 minutes later, still not a thing shows up. Did I miss something?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts