2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, all!

This is my first post here. The community looks awesome! Hope I am starting the discussion in the correct place.

I just bought a 2016 Mazda 6 imported from NA (I live in Bulgaria, EU). It runs firmware 51.00.300 and I really want to update it to 70 and enable Android Auto. I learned so much stuff from reading all the discussions here, however I couldn't answer these questions:

Question 1. Can I install an EU firmware version without bricking the CMU?
- In some threads I read that people manage to install EU firmware on JP cars.
- In other threads and comments people say that different region firmware should not be installed because it would brick the CMU.

Currently my radio is picking up only odd frequencies.
Question 2. Will the radio pick up all the frequencies if I manage to update to EU version and I replace the radio tuner?

Currently I don't have navigation installed.
Question 3. Will the navigation work if I manage to update to EU version and I buy an EU SD card with EU maps?

Question 4. Will the navigation work if I use an EU SD card with EU maps and NA firmware?

I am asking all of this so that I can decide if I even need to change my region.
- Obviously, if the CMU would get bricked there is no point in changing region.
- If the navigation gets broken and the radio cannot be adjusted for the EU standards, there is no point in changing the region.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
1. Yes, technically you can. It does not brick the CMU, if you do it properly/according to the instructions. But if you do it wrong, you could brick your CMU. But recently nearly all links and servers with inofficial firmware files were deleted by the copyright owners. They do not want to see the files in the wild anymore, which is their legal right. Mazda intends to let the firmware update only be done by the dealers/workshops.
2. Only updating the firmware to EU does not change the frequencies, which can be received, as they are stored in a part called TAU (Tuner and Amplifier Unit) - this has to be replaced - there are somewhere special threads about this topic.
3. Yes, it should.
4. I doubt it, but could be. Perhaps others know this for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Yes, technically you can. It does not brick the CMU, if you do it properly/according to the instructions. But if you do it wrong, you could brick your CMU. But recently nearly all links and servers with inofficial firmware files were deleted by the copyright owners. They do not want to see the files in the wild anymore, which is their legal right. Mazda intends to let the firmware update only be done by the dealers/workshops.
2. Only updating the firmware to EU does not change the frequencies, which can be received, as they are stored in a part called TAU (Tuner and Amplifier Unit) - this has to be replaced - there are somewhere special threads about this topic.
3. Yes, it should.
4. I doubt it, but could be. Perhaps others know this for sure.
Thank you very much for your answer! Later today I will run the EU update and will post the result here :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed everything today:
- First installed 70.00.100A EU
- Then I installed 70.00.367 EU

Everything runs find and smooth.

The radio now shows even frequencies, but they are shifted. i.e. I find all the stations I want but the frequency displayed is wrong. Probably will have to change the TAU.

I don't have navi so I can't say if it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
  • First installed 70.00.100A EU
  • Then I installed 70.00.367 EU

The radio now shows even frequencies, but they are shifted. i.e. I find all the stations I want but the frequency displayed is wrong. Probably will have to change the TAU.

Hi,

Is there any possibility of sharing your 70.##.### EU files with myself as I would like to upgrade my firmware, however finding these files is prooving to be difficult! I have a 2015 Mazda 3 SPORT NAV with V31 so I should have no issues running these updates .Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, is there any chance I could get the file to?

Is there any possibility of sharing your 70.##.### EU files with myself as I would like to upgrade my firmware, however finding these files is prooving to be difficult! I have a 2015 Mazda 3 SPORT NAV with V31 so I should have no issues running these updates .Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guess I’ll need the 70.00.100A to due to having the 59.00.xxx something xD. Reading some manual about it. So have to look into my car later
I upgraded my system from 30.00.xxx something or rather. I just done each firmware I stages. Works great. But you also have to replace other bits for AA . It's an easy swap out...I didn't have a clue and followed You tube vid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I upgraded my system from 30.00.xxx something or rather. I just done each firmware I stages. Works great. But you also have to replace other bits for AA . It's an easy swap out...I didn't have a clue and followed You tube vid.
Great, yes I have to order it from the Mazda dealer. Not sure about the parts at alliexpress seems better to get them by the dealer.

·
Registered
Mazda3 04/2017 BN 120 HP Sports-Line
85 Posts
Great, yes I have to order it from the Mazda dealer. Not sure about the parts at alliexpress seems better to get them by the dealer.
Hi,

here the Link to buy the replica-kit for AA / CP from Aliexpress. The Original-Stuff from Mazda costs me here in Germany about 180 €.

Read carefully the product description (the first lines)!!

Mazda CONNECT Firmware

Bye
Gruni

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tristan-cx5, Just want to say thankyou. I have updated successfully to 70.00.367, I have also changed hub so I can use AA on my 2015 Mazda 3.

Many thanks, Happy Christmas.
=====
Hi zippywight,
could you please share with me the latest EU firmware version? I have a 70.00.351.JP M and need the EU.
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
  • First installed 70.00.100A EU
  • Then I installed 70.00.367 EU

==========
Hi , i also have 70.00.351.JP M in Europe and require the EU version.
Could you please send me that?
Or place it somewhere from where i can download it?
thanks

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts