2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I can only seem to find old post relating to this issue.

I picked up a 2017 Mazda 3 Sport Nav (UK version) yesterday and so far am happy with it.
The problem I have is that I can't get the Sat Nav directions to appear on the HUD (ADD).
I spoke to the dealership and they said I have the latest version of software (59.00.502) and Mazda have removed that functionality. As this was a major selling point I phoned Mazda UK themselves who told me they haven't removed this functionality and the lady I spoke to said she has 59.00.502A software and she has the turn by turn on the HUD.

So, dealer tells me it is removed, Mazda UK say it hasn't been.

Does anyone on here know what the truth is please?

I don't even have the option on the connect system to turn navigation on for the HUD.

Thank you

·
Registered
468 Posts
i would suggest your primary reference point should be Mazda

your dealer (as all dealers) don't really give a xxxx, once they have sold you a car

ask Mazda for a reply in writing, then take that to your stealership and find a way forward.,......

·
Registered
32 Posts
59.00.502A certanly HAS directions on the HUD (on both 2017+ and pre-2017) models, your dealer is talking out of their arse. On 2017+ you even get road sign recognition if your car has the equipment for it.

I have heard of a bug in that firmware around directions though - apparently you need to go into navigation settings and check the button to show directions on HUD again (even though it's checked). It should appear after that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies.

I think I need to speak to the dealership again about it.

In reply to Izacus, you say to reselect the "show directions on hud" option again. The problem is, I don't even have the option to select so really not sure what is happening.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to thank you for the information.

I followed the information from Izacus and reslected the Turn by Turn option, did it after setting a route.
All is working well and looks great.

Thanks again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I can only seem to find old post relating to this issue.

I picked up a 2017 Mazda 3 Sport Nav (UK version) yesterday and so far am happy with it.
The problem I have is that I can't get the Sat Nav directions to appear on the HUD (ADD).
I spoke to the dealership and they said I have the latest version of software (59.00.502) and Mazda have removed that functionality. As this was a major selling point I phoned Mazda UK themselves who told me they haven't removed this functionality and the lady I spoke to said she has 59.00.502A software and she has the turn by turn on the HUD.

So, dealer tells me it is removed, Mazda UK say it hasn't been.

Does anyone on here know what the truth is please?

I don't even have the option on the connect system to turn navigation on for the HUD.

Thank you
I have a 17 plate sport nav and have turn by turn on the HUD, but I don't think I have that software version.

Will have to go check!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts