2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sitting a a stop sign on friday. Waiting to make a right turn. Car coming from my passenger side down the road i was about to turn onto. Instead of making a normal left turn, into her own lane, the women drive into the front of my car. She turned into the wrong lane. She was on the phone and was not paying attention. $2000 worth of damage. Yes her insurance is paying, but it really sucks.:(

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yes indeed a pain in ass, but you could get your insert painted for a discount.

Z

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all parts are being replaced with new. I am thinking on going black with the insert.

·
Registered
282 Posts
sorry for the loss :sad 1: if it makes you feel any better my 3 just got totaled. guy wasn't looking where he was going so he didn't notice me stopped at the red light. I understand that accidents happen but people on the road need to stop being so dumb :argh 1: sucks especially for those who mod their cars and lose aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry to hear about your loss, that sucks. All my mods are insured with my insurance company. They are giving me $600 to replace my splitter.

·
Original Member
262 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss, that sucks. All my mods are insured with my insurance company. They are giving me $600 to replace my splitter.

Sucks about the loss, but it's not too bad at all really. I was curious though, can you elaborate more on the aftermarket parts coverage on your insurance policy? Like what state are you in, what are the terms of the policy and how did you go about obtaining the extra coverage? What ins co? etc...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Live in Florida.travelers insurance. my agent wrote an add on to policy to cover mods. I think there is coverage up to $2500 for mods automatically, it was with nationwide, but i added $7000 worth of additional insurance just to be safe. Would hate to see car get stolen or totaled and be out the mod costs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
oh thats awesome. and they wont raise your rates? i got all the money i spent on the car back from the guys insurance and nobody was hurt so its about as good as getting your totaled could be i guess :blush 1: just gotta go shopping again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it goes under her insurance, so my rates will stay the same. Dimished value, never heard of that before, but i just checked, florida does let me do that. I say $5000 is a good number.:)

·
Original Member
262 Posts
it goes under her insurance, so my rates will stay the same. Dimished value, never heard of that before, but i just checked, florida does let me do that. I say $5000 is a good number.:)
Just be sure to tell your adjuster at the paying ins co that you will be filing a DV claim and ask what are their processes for it. It does have to be processed post-repair though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya it really sucks, i keep my cars in perfect condition, so when i sell them i usually get top $. Now with the accident, there is no way to sell the car at top dollar. Basically i will have to suck up the cost of the mods if I sell the car.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If you're repairs are close to totaling and you mention DV, most times the insurance will total it out just to avoid the hassle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts