2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I'm planning a trip for the next week, so these past days I've collecting a lot of music (~30GB). I've tagged all the songs with MusicBrainz Picard.

So, yesterday I copied all the songs in the root of the USB and today when I started the car... I can't explore the files by artist/album/genre/etc !!! The tags and covers appear correctly but there are a huge amount of files to be changing the songs one by one...

I used to have a USB with also all the songs (but not 30GB) directly in the root, I mean without folders by artist/album, so I can discard that problem...

Any idea?

Thank you!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hello all!

I'm planning a trip for the next week, so these past days I've collecting a lot of music (~30GB). I've tagged all the songs with MusicBrainz Picard.

So, yesterday I copied all the songs in the root of the USB and today when I started the car... I can't explore the files by artist/album/genre/etc !!! The tags and covers appear correctly but there are a huge amount of files to be changing the songs one by one...

I used to have a USB with also all the songs (but not 30GB) directly in the root, I mean without folders by artist/album, so I can discard that problem...

Any idea?

Thank you!!
I'm having the same issue with a 64GB stick.
I end up only dealing with the folder hierarchy and it works reasonably well.
Sometimes, all the categories (title, genre, etc) will show up, but it's inconsistent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
I already had all my music in iTunes using the iTunes default file structure. I just copied my iTunes music level folder to a USB stick and it displays and plays fine in the car. I've exported playlists including genius playlists from iTunes and they work fine - although you have to edit the file path in the playlist file.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I found originally this may have been an issue of improperly tagged or files with foreign characters depicting ID3 tags for mp3s at least. Once I had all my music ID3 tags properly labelled using standard ascii characters, I stopped having this issue of album/artist not being available. This is an issue of the system having trouble parsing these characters sometimes and generating the internal directory of files.

I'm having the same issue with a 64GB stick.
I end up only dealing with the folder hierarchy and it works reasonably well.
Sometimes, all the categories (title, genre, etc) will show up, but it's inconsistent.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top