2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new iPhone yesterday and it won't connect to my car's bluetooth. "john's iphone" appears on the touchscreen, and the phone the phone is discoverable according to its bluetooth settings. My old phone connected with no issues (although the audio was buggy).

What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem by using an iPhone backup. I solved the issue by removing the bluetooth device from my mzd and repairing it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem by using an iPhone backup. I solved the issue by removing the bluetooth device from my mzd and repairing it.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
I don't have the skills for that. It's going to the dealer for other issues next week, so I'll just have them update the system. No more AIO for me.

·
Mountain Zoomer
11 Posts
hansboomer, looks like flash78 simply means un-pair your iPhone and then re-pair it. In other words, standard/normal bluetooth operations via the stock MZD connect interface screens, nothing that a dealer needs to do.

Seems like "removing the bluetooth device from my mzd and repairing it" could be interpreted as hardware removal/hardware repair but that's not the case in this case!

I don't have the skills for that. It's going to the dealer for other issues next week, so I'll just have them update the system. No more AIO for me.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hansboomer, looks like flash78 simply means un-pair your iPhone and then re-pair it.
I see that now. I should have picked up on the German subtitles.
I've removed and re-paired my phone a couple of times, but it still won't connect. OTOH I can listen to my iPod but I can't take calls when I'm driving, so there's really no downside.

·
Mountain Zoomer
11 Posts
Which iPhone model and iOS version? My iPhone 7 running v11.2.2 is definitely finicky sometimes... Most issues are when I attempt to use Siri, MZD always thinks I'm making a call and system gets confused so there are delays, have to reinitiate, etc. I can make/receive calls and listen to bluetooth audio as expected about 98% of the time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm using 11.2.2 on a new iPhone 6. They gave me a new phone when I brought it in for a new battery. My old iPhone 6 was running 10.something. The new phone connects to my headphones but not other stuff.

·
Mountain Zoomer
11 Posts
Did your iPhone 6 running iOS 10 work OK? I've read a few places that others have had issues with iOS 11. I never tried iOS 10 with my recently acquired Mazda3 so have nothing to compare it to. It is frustrating sometimes.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IOS 10 worked fine for phone calls, but it was real random for audio. That's why I keep an iPod in the car. the iPod connection is random too, but I could get one or the other to connect most of the time.
I've been listening to a lot of sports radio recently.

The MZD system is so laggy, buggy and more distracting than useful that I really regret buying this car. Now I'm looking for a car with Carplay and 3 pedals. That's like a unicorn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts