2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted Soul Red more than anything and the dealer I bought my car from actually had one a week or two prior to me pulling the trigger. Unfortunately it sold a few days before I went in to buy so I landed on Snowflake White which was #3 on my color choice list after Eternal Blue. I must admit the white is growing on me but every time I see a freshly cleaned Soul Red 3 in the sun, my heart aches a little.

I gave her the initial wash and clay bar cleaning which was definitely needed. She'd been parked in close proximity to a tree on their lot for almost a year and the horizontal surfaces were especially bad. I topped the paint with Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant and it really brought out the flake.

2018 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Hatchback by Andrew, on Flickr

2018 Mazda 3 Grand Touring Hatchback Interior by Andrew, on Flickr

Mazda 3 Grand Touring Gauges by Andrew, on Flickr

The Manual Gearbox Preservation Society by Andrew, on Flickr

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh why didn't you hold out then? Did you need a car right now?
Looks good though, I need to seal mine
I know it's a bit irrational but years ago I signed on a car that was a dealer trade and it turned out to be a total lemon. Again, me being irrational because I know it wouldn't have changed anything but I swore I'd never again buy a car I couldn't inspect with my own two eyes.

@3withthreepedals At present moment, I would choose: 1. White, 2. Liquid silver/titanium flash and then 3. Soul red. Your car looks amazing, you made a great purchase!
Thanks! It's certainly a lot cooler in the summer.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was out earlier and happened to notice a new parking garage that went up in a rebuilt shopping center finally opened and was almost entirely devoid of cars. I shot a couple with my iPhone but will definitely have to come back soon with my Nikon D3200 and tripod.

IMG_2360 by Andrew, on Flickr

IMG_2361 by Andrew, on Flickr

IMG_2363 by Andrew, on Flickr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Youve really made the white look great.

Congrats, hope you love it. I craved the Soul Red and drove from Boston to Connecticut to get it from a dealer who had one on the lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts