2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fortunately not the entire car, and luckily nothing else was damage or taken in the process besides my minty hubcaps. Yes, stolen hubcaps.

Apparently and not surprisingly these wheel covers run $90+ each from the dealer so someone in need of high quality OEM hubcaps would jack mine. I would like to believe its not a fellow Mazda 3 owner...perhaps its some low life with 16" steel wheels that needed covers as snap on hubcaps tend to be universal.

This incident occurred at my local mall, which is not particularly a bad area. I avoid bad places to not have this type of heartache but low life thieves are everywhere.

So right now the car is like this:

Picked these up from my local auto store....they are Toyota Camry replicas lol...minus the Toyota emblem on the centers. My neighbor who has a Camry saw em, now wants a set as back up as I picked these up for $35.

For my fellow iSport owners, be careful out there. They like our wheel covers....:censored 1:

:alien:
Anybody who has been a victim of theft has that violated feeling...its poop.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sorry to hear, that sucks. I wouldn't want that feeling.
This could be an excuse to get some nice aftermarket rims...with lug locks.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL well the fancy hubcaps just might be to fancy for me haha. If I am rocking hubcaps, I want em to look as OEM as possible. I did however order these a week ago and they will be coming in next week:

This was at the time I still had my OEM hubcaps but wanted to paint em white...either via plastidip or plastic specific paint + clear coat. I decided to not deal with the fuss and mess of painting OEM caps and searched for hubcaps that were already white. The company that makes the wheel covers has been around since 1929 IIRC and they are designed in Germany/made in Europe so I am confident in their quality.

This is all just temporary till my tires die...then its wheels and tires...proper wheels. Steelies may be good for winter use while the nice aftermarket wheels stay nice and cozy in storage till summer but here in California...our winters dont mean much lol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Get some spinner hubcaps instead. No one will want to steal those, hopefully.

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get some spinner hubcaps instead. No one will want to steal those, hopefully.
LOL I thought of doing that for sh!ts and giggles but decided not to.

I also searched high and low for the teddy bear hubcaps:

But I dont think they had em in 16"

They have actual teddy bear wheels but they are $$$

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Teddy Bear rims...?????????:scared:
I'm not sure how I feel about those...maybe a different color...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fortunately not the entire car, and luckily nothing else was damage or taken in the process besides my minty hubcaps. Yes, stolen hubcaps.

Apparently and not surprisingly these wheel covers run $90+ each from the dealer so someone in need of high quality OEM hubcaps would jack mine. I would like to believe its not a fellow Mazda 3 owner...perhaps its some low life with 16" steel wheels that needed covers as snap on hubcaps tend to be universal.

This incident occurred at my local mall, which is not particularly a bad area. I avoid bad places to not have this type of heartache but low life thieves are everywhere.

So right now the car is like this:

Picked these up from my local auto store....they are Toyota Camry replicas lol...minus the Toyota emblem on the centers. My neighbor who has a Camry saw em, now wants a set as back up as I picked these up for $35.

For my fellow iSport owners, be careful out there. They like our wheel covers....:censored 1:

:alien:
Anybody who has been a victim of theft has that violated feeling...its poop.
That has happened to me before, when we were living in the city. We had hubcaps stolen from our Sentra, the guy got caught, he was a crackhead. In fact the car was broken into 3 times, side swiped numerous times, and the hubcaps stolen. That was in a good neighborhood, believe it or not. These idiots come into the good neighborhoods looking for things to steal...

·
such grim, vry kvlt, wow.
177 Posts
LOL I thought of doing that for sh!ts and giggles but decided not to.

I also searched high and low for the teddy bear hubcaps:

But I dont think they had em in 16"

They have actual teddy bear wheels but they are $$$

Hahahaha, oh my god why do these exist!?!? HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?

Edit: also that's super lame you got thieved on :(.

·
Registered
47 Posts
These idiots come into the good neighborhoods looking for things to steal...
So what you're saying is that we **should** be parking our cars in shitty neighborhoods because that's where we're safest.

That reminds me of a story:

A friend of mine was stopping by NYC and gave me a ride back to Washington Heights a few years ago. As we walked away from the car I noticed he didn't lock it.

NotAWankel2014: "Hey, Will, you forgot to lock your car dude."

Will: "Nah bro, it's all good. Then they won't smash my windows in. I don't have anything valuable in there, so I'd rather they just not break anything."

NotAWankel2014: "You sure dude?"

Will: "Totally."

Fast forward two days... Will goes back to his car to find that a disgusting (and probably homeless person) got in and pissed and shit in the front seat and rear seats. There was garbage and food containers all over, and the smell made mothers two blocks away cry. But, nothing was broken. I guess Will was right.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
I know someone wanted to steal the wheels off my RX8, but thankfully locking lug nuts kept that from happening. Now I have to worry about the Mazda 3 wheels too when I leave it unattended.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If the stupid cheap plastic covers cost NINETY DOLLARS a piece, why not just cough up a little extra and get real wheels?
That's probably why he got the set for $35.

Also, those teddy bear wheels have broken my brain. I just don't understand lol.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I know someone wanted to steal the wheels off my RX8, but thankfully locking lug nuts kept that from happening. Now I have to worry about the Mazda 3 wheels too when I leave it unattended.
I have wheel locks on my alloy wheels. It'll keep away any thief without a power drill!
That's all of them, right...?

You MUST get these.

We have decided for you.

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
I have wheel locks on my alloy wheels. It'll keep away any thief without a power drill!
That's all of them, right...?

You MUST get these.

We have decided for you.
One locking lug nut on each wheel on the RX8. About two years ago and someone broke into all the cars & garages in the neighborhood one morning when we were at work. They went around taking wheels, car contents, etc. They vandalized his SUV we had at the time, and went through everything left in the RX8. They stole spare cheap sunglasses, and left dirty handprints all over the wheels, and bent the license plate on the RX. It was one time I wasn't upset he forgot and left the car unlocked, because they could've vandalized it pretty bad otherwise. They butchered his SUV, but didn't manage to get inside. Since we were at work, our daily driver at the time wasn't touched.

Attachments

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The Ronal Teddy Bear wheels aint for everyone lol, you either love it or you hate it. I like em personally, reminds of teddy grahams.

As for not locking up the car. Some of my buddies use to do that with their Miatas and S2Ks....thats because they had the factory soft top and didnt want it cut up/slashed so they would leave the doors unlocked to prevent the top from getting slashed. They woudnt leave anything of value in the car. Personally I didnt like the thought of such occuring so first thing I bought for my miata was the OEM hardtop complete with locks.

$90+ for a OEM hubcap is robbery but eh its to be expected which is why I purchased some aftermarkets instead for substantially less.

As for wheel locks, here in Cali (at least where I live) most people don't just jack the wheels...they take the whole and bring it to a chop shop. I used to be all about Hondas and when I had my CRX/Intrega...would even be followed home. Ive had friends have their car taken from their garage while on vacation...all bad.

My caps were an easy steal since they just pop off...can be taken in less than 2 minutes.

P.S. I would love to cop the teddy bear wheels but they are to much $$$ and super rare.

CRX + Bear wheels...oh yeah my weakness.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You guys want some slick rims?......btw you are ALL welcome and I will take a 10% finders fee if you pick up a set. LOL

·
Revolution Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WandererTJ: If I recall correctly Ronal discontinued the teddy bears in 2002. I have seen them once at a car meet....definitely got attention. The girls thought it was cute, dudes were on the fence but some were feeling em. I was one of em...I like em cause its different and yeah its cute.

Or4ngePeanut: I dont mind rocking daisys on a beetle. :clown:

:alien: Approved!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts