2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Not ur average sexy girl.
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as you know my cars engine is stock, no mods. I decided to race this BMW i325 idk the year but it was older maybe like 04 or sum. really nice n kept up tints and shiny as hell. the guy actually wanted to race, so we did. we Started from second gear and i shifted at around 6k rpms each time. (and yes its irresponsible) im only asking cause im curious how did this happen if my car has only 148hp stock and thats not the whp, it wasnt like he let me win cause we were pretty even but i had about a cars length, reached 95mph and hung there for about a minute straight and then decided to stop since he didnt catch up. he went his way i went my way. How was that even possible that my car had him beat? i thought bmw were a lot faster, was his maybe auto and i had an advantage? Anyway i figured it was worth posting with you guys.

·
Hai Guyz C:
774 Posts
Ok as you know my cars engine is stock, no mods. I decided to race this BMW i325 idk the year but it was older maybe like 04 or sum. really nice n kept up tints and shiny as hell. the guy actually wanted to race, so we did. we Started from second gear and i shifted at around 6k rpms each time. (and yes its irresponsible) im only asking cause im curious how did this happen if my car has only 148hp stock and thats not the whp, it wasnt like he let me win cause we were pretty even but i had about a cars length, reached 95mph and hung there for about a minute straight and then decided to stop since he didnt catch up. he went his way i went my way. How was that even possible that my car had him beat? i thought bmw were a lot faster, was his maybe auto and i had an advantage? Anyway i figured it was worth posting with you guys.
Woah. I have the exact same experience as you! I raced a 325i a couple months back, and i too have a 2.0 We raced from a stop and i shifted at redline each time. I ended up beating him by half a car length. Weird..

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
I agree probably just a terrible driver or he's not taking care of his car and lost a lot of power

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i raced my friend's 325i once, stripped out and stuffs, all i can say is... i kept up... wtf lol he has auto too

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I got into it with a 90's 5 series and pulled. It was more road rage vs race though. And i pulled on a Hyundai Azera today. I put my signal on, started to change lanes and the asshole Hyundai behind me gets over for no reason and floors it so I say fuck your shit and downshift to 2nd from about 45 and pull ahead in front of him. Then he gets back over into his original lane. Like wtf?

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Dont drive fast! Fly Low!
249 Posts
wingzero will come in here and says horrible things abt you doing race. HA!

I raced a BMW series 7 and on straight line and I was doing 120 and he passed by me flying.
lol

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
120km/h? Or do you have the speed limiter removed?

·
Dont drive fast! Fly Low!
249 Posts
120km/h? Or do you have the speed limiter removed?

120 MPH and not KMH lol
I already got to 125, IDK what is the speed limit by the computer. Heard it's 130 or 135, not sure.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
118 is the limit

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
That isn't true. You should experiment yourself and find out! One night the computer stopped me at 116. Another night it never stopped me and went on to 128 before needing to slow down.

I think it has more to do with the computer responding to engine heat than speed. Protecting you from destroying your engine.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
wingzero will come in here and says horrible things abt you doing race. HA!
Until someone mentions they were doing it on a street I don't care. Just this forum doesn't support street racing, especially when the owner drives an automatic, can't quote the true top speed of the car but seems to think it is super fast, and has stupid sayings under their user name. So in short don't mention it was a street race and the thread will live on.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Until someone mentions they were doing it on a street I don't care. Just this forum doesn't support street racing, especially when the owner drives an automatic, can't quote the true top speed of the car but seems to think it is super fast, and has stupid sayings under their user name. So in short don't mention it was a street race and the thread will live on.
LOL

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
That isn't true. You should experiment yourself and find out! One night the computer stopped me at 116. Another night it never stopped me and went on to 128 before needing to slow down.

I think it has more to do with the computer responding to engine heat than speed. Protecting you from destroying your engine.
All our cars except the speeds stop at 118 now if your going down hill like I did once I hit 122.

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Lol, fair enough so we won't discuss if it was on the street or where it was lol. well focus on the speed. Im assuming its cause its heavier and our cars r lighter... also my top speed was 115 last time i tried. i heard the speed reaches 151? lol Holy SH thats a nice nice number lol.

Btw Frnchplayr15 I still think your avatar and your avatar phrase has to be the funniest cutest thing I've read in my life. Laughed my A.. Off.

Reactions: Frnchplayr15
1 - 20 of 38 Posts