2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had a fun time. My parents have an old 2007 Hyundai elantra. Great car, but its getting to the point where repairs are needed. Problem is they live nearly 2 hours away from me and aren't in good health so bringing the car to my place is out of the question right now.

This past may I noticed some rattling from the front end. Wasn't handling so well. Confirmed my suspicions, front struts were done.

Did some math and doing the job myself saved about $400-500. You'd think I'd be smart and get quick struts, but I was hoping that mounts were unnecessary. Just the struts was far cheaper. Of course the mounts were trashed.

This car has some unusual mounts. Its a 2 part assembly with a wide flat bearing between them. As soon as I pulled the top nut off the bearings promptly disintegrated, steel balls everywhere. So much for saving on mounts!

To make matters better I managed to hurt my back start of the job. I was unpacking my tools ( have to pack everything when doing a repair on the road) and went to pick up the jack. Its a large floor jack, just removed the pole for travel. As soon as I tried to pick it up I pulled something good. Still hurting today. But the show must go on!

Managed to press on. Found the sway bar links had broken seals, time for new ones.

Got it done pretty well in the end. No real problems other than a seized but that needed a lot of love from the electric impact. Drives like new now, it even fixed the alignment.

My parents are very happy. I paid for the parts as a belated birthday gift for my mom.

The old struts were impressively shot. Front left sort of worked..
.not much resistance pushing the shaft down, but it did return..... Slowly. The front right was completely done. Didn't return at all. Push it down and it just stays there lol. No oil leak as these are gas struts.

So why post this? Well why not? Just sharing my recent experience from yesterday with my hobby of fixing crap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Each one of us finds pleasure and fun in different jobs. I work for example online and for me, this is the best job ever. I earn money online by working on selling receipts. Some of the most popular receipt scanning apps are Receipt Pal, Receipt Hog, and Fetch Rewards. I gain points for scanning paper receipts, and can also connect an email address to include email receipts from online purchases. Besides this, I am working with Savvy Connect which is an application that pays you money when you connect their program to your devices. They collect data as you surf the web, and track trends in online search, shopping, and entertainment. And in return, you earn cash rewards.
So, there are a lot of side hustle ideas of job, just we have to find the best for ourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts