2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you for sharing this information! How difficult was it to remove those panels? I have looked at the service manual, but couldn't figure out how to remove all of the clips. Does the bottom part come out first or the top (in the manual it seems that the bottom comes out first)? Also, does the entire assembly pull straight out, or does it require some wiggling? Was it necessary to put tape/foam around the springs (if it's possible that is)?
Again, thank you very much, cheers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
A kind of 1mm thick foam tape. I dont know whats called. I think the most important thing is the tape is a bit thick.
I went ahead and tried the tape also. I taped all of the areas shown in the above post. I used two kinds, 3M mounting tape and 3M thin butyl tape. I also put a small piece of tape inside those little springs that buzz. While it is quieter, what I think makes a difference is the position of the belt tensioner. For whatever reason the middle position is best. All the way up or all the way down seems to telegraph vibrations up into the plastic pieces of the headliner and causes those to buzz. I'm willing to bet on a rough road everything in this car will rattle. And you can chase these noises probably forever. At some point I guess you just have to quit and say it's acceptable.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.