2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do not know whether I have seen 15 or 20 or even more 2014-2017 Mazda 3 reviews, but two 2017 reviews stand out IMO.

First this super lengthy 25 minute one, though bluntly the first three minutes are horrid, and the important part of it starts @ 11:11 with driving impressions, then after that the interior review. This reviewer, "savagegeese" does not hold back when he likes something and just as good does not hold back when he dislikes something. He knows how to drive on icy roads and shares how the car works well there and why. If you have little time and want to get his overall summary, go straight to 24:30 and that last 1:20 will tell you why he knows the current Mazda 3 is the best compact car out there now in so many ways (which he enunciates).

https://youtu.be/rp7zDpk2-9E

And my second favorite review is this one, of 7:20 length. Maybe the reviewer, Chuck Giametta of CarPreview is not the most exciting personally, but he totally knows his cars, does great analysis of the M3 and comes away with the same conclusion, that again the 2017 Mazda 3, while far from the fastest, is the best compact car out there.

https://youtu.be/3iIi-qXvZ9U

Do you have other favorite 2017 Mazda 3 reviews? I am sure I have missed a few good ones.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I started to watch that first review a couple of weeks ago, but watched the whole thing this time. It is a good review, and thanks for the post!

The second reviewer claimed that all 2017 models now have LED headlights. That's not true, is it? I thought the LED headlights was an upgrade option for 2017. I just bought a 2017 GT, and I don't think it came with LED headlights, but I don't know how to tell. Don't the LED headlights have an always lit-up ring around the lens?

·
Registered
295 Posts
With all my respect to savagegeese (the first review) I might disagree on a few moments he emphasized as negative. My only suggestion to people with the great expectation from this car to get the top of the line model to fully enjoy it. This is the budget car, and don't think you can get away w/o payback by not getting 2.5 engine, 18" wheels, the leather interior, HUD, adjusting headlights and the moon roof. If you do get the base model it will be the next car on the road to get you from A to B w/o much enjoying it, driving it, washing it even finding it in the parallel parking or parking garage. I'm paying a few bucks ($66 more a month, not like I'm adding $10K) more but saving much more not getting Benz or Bimmer and enjoying the minimalist luxury. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The second reviewer claimed that all 2017 models now have LED headlights. That's not true, is it? I thought the LED headlights was an upgrade option for 2017. I just bought a 2017 GT, and I don't think it came with LED headlights, but I don't know how to tell. Don't the LED headlights have an always lit-up ring around the lens?
Correct and I believe LED is only an add-on option for the GT. If your headlights look yellow, it's halogen. If it's a bright white/blue hue, it's LED. You can't miss it. If it doesn't seem blinding when you look straight at it, it probably the halogen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I started to watch that first review a couple of weeks ago, but watched the whole thing this time. It is a good review, and thanks for the post!

It's only the full package add on meaning premium package & i-active tech package where you get LEDs even the fog lights are LED

1 - 5 of 5 Posts