2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder is someone was having a similar experience and found a fix.

The issue:

I always listen to music in my car through bluetooth on the Note 2 (Android 4.4). The bluetooth stays turned on at all times. Per Mazda manual when I turn on the car it's supposed to default to playing whatever the last source was at the time the car was turned off. This seems to be the case if I leave the car for up to an hour. If the car is parked overnight it always defaults to playing the XM radio. I have to manually go into the "Sources" and select my phone. Definitely an annoyance and a distraction.

Any way to fix this through the car's or phone's settings?

I'm on V31.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the infotainment system "times out" when trying to re-connect to Bluetooth, it will revert to the audio source that was last used prior to selecting BT (in your case, XM Radio).

Had this happen a few times, also had it re-connect to BT in time to continue playing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
funny, mine forgets that i like to listen to my iPhone directly through the usb. i have bluetooth on for phone calls. another funny thing about that, i recall turning my bluetooth off after getting tired of the car utilizing it always, and it seems to have managed to run my phones bluetooth on against my will. kinda creepy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
oh yea and it also forgets that i like my music on shuffle and more times than not restarts to alphabetical so by now I've heard the beginning of ADIDAS by korn a million times before i can go into my phone and reshuffle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts