2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Nice! You'll love it! Diggin' the red interior trim pieces too.
I like how it's turning out. I'll be happier when I can finish the rest. It is quite a contrast from inside to out so idk..will decide again in a few weeks if it stays.
The center console and gauge/odometer trim is a tough removal...at least tough to find reliable info on lol.
As for the RSB, I'm very stoked!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
damn dude that came out really nice...that's pretty much exactly what I want to do to my interior...how'd you get the air vents off?
Thanks, I finally got the time and determination to try it. First time using Plasti-Dip or CF Di-Nok. Coming together quickly if I can just get the final few pieces out to customize lol.
I had a problem with this at first. Once I figured it out it took 2 seconds to do the other side. They are in very tight and the force you must pull with seems to be a bit scary especially since the only thing to hold is the flaps. Use both hands and pull straight out very firmly WHILE at the same time kinda rocking the vent in different directions. Once it gives it gives fast so don't overdo it and hurt yourself or break anything. As I said, very easy once you've done that first one.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
sounds good man thanks for the help
Sure thing. It took me just diving into it because I was sketchy about doing all this for the first time on my first brand new car. Not bad. In fact very glad I got the nerve. My car feels COMPLETELY different now and I love it! If you have any questions about anything else I'm glad to help however I can. This scheme matches your car perfect and you will be very happy with it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
2 rounds of orders on the way.
First, Koni Oranges, SPC Adjustable Rear Camber Arms and Road Magnet 1.75's. Along with CorkSport RSB and Motor Mount Inserts.
Second, since CorkSport has failed me on restocking the Cold Air Box and Front Strut Bar when they said, I chose to spend a buttload of money on other items. Side Skirts, MS3 Spoiler and several smaller cosmetic items. I waited almost 6 months for the restock date just for CS to fail..that's seriously unprofessional. As much as I already bought from them, I'm seriously considering going elsewhere for all other items except the cold air box if and when it ever arrives...or I find an alternative.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
You should think about doing the two dash gauges rings in red also. I've seen pictures of this done and it looks good.
Oh I'm not done :)
Last pieces will be the Gauge Cluster and the trim around the nav/radio in red. Last piece to wrap in CF is air condition control directly under radio. I already wrapped the rest of the console (thanks @tastic) and the center top a/c piece. I don't know if I'll get OCD about the little things like knobs, door handles and the a/c vent chrome but if I do I will prob do those in red plasti dip or Charcoal plasti dip. That is the color I have chosen to do the mazda "m" on my steering wheel. I feel like this has already gotten out-of-control :stuart:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here are some pics of my rear sway bar installed. Can anyone confirm that the brackets will be ok NOT centered like this? Tires up or down that is as far as I could get it on the soft setting. Also, it seems to have helped but it's not dramatic on soft setting. Does this mean I may want to adjust to the stiffer setting? >>total noob question I know.

Received my Konis and Road Magnet 1.75s. All part numbers match my order and since this is my first suspension mod I just want to make sure this looks correct with you that have these installed?..basically, two fronts seems to be "slightly" different sizes and rears are both completely different looking albeit both are smaller than fronts. I hate that I'm almost 35 and have never done this and can't answer these seemingly retarded questions myself. Thanks in advance for any opinions and advice!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Damn dude i'm not a huge fan of hatchbacks but your car looks sick. making me rethink hatch.
hey appreciate it man, it's a fun car to shop for. Liquid Silver was honestly a good 4th or 5th down my list on colors but it's what they had with the tech package and options I wanted. I've grown to love her though. Should look better once I've dropped it, add the side skirts and speed 3 spoiler in the next couple weeks. Nobody told me owning a Mazda would be this fun :cheesy:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ya i am glad you love having a Mazda as i do as well. Where did you find the speed rims? i need to get bigger ones on mine.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Battled and I do mean battled the dealership to get them with my purchase of the car. I spent so much time haggling with them about it I forgot about window tint altogether and had to do it a couple days after buying it. No complaints though because I got some state of the art tint from the place here that does all the Ferrari's at their dealership

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Where did you find the speed rims? i need to get bigger ones on mine.
A member earlier posted some 2011 (i think) speed3 18's. Only a couple of small scratches but with a fresh gunmetal powdercoat..bam 2013 speed3 rims like mine...unless they were a different weight or offset that I'm unaware of. The post wasn't done according to rules and I don't see it anymore but they pop up here all the time you just have to act quickly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here are some pics of my rear sway bar installed. Can anyone confirm that the brackets will be ok NOT centered like this? Tires up or down that is as far as I could get it on the soft setting. Also, it seems to have helped but it's not dramatic on soft setting. Does this mean I may want to adjust to the stiffer setting? >>total noob question I know.

Received my Konis and Road Magnet 1.75s. All part numbers match my order and since this is my first suspension mod I just want to make sure this looks correct with you that have these installed?..basically, two fronts seems to be "slightly" different sizes and rears are both completely different looking albeit both are smaller than fronts. I hate that I'm almost 35 and have never done this and can't answer these seemingly retarded questions myself. Thanks in advance for any opinions and advice!
Hey have you installed your Konis and Roadmagnets, and if so how's the ride?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hey have you installed your Konis and Roadmagnets, and if so how's the ride?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
No I'm still waiting on my camber arms to arrive. I want to get side skirts and MS3 spoiler painted and then have everything installed professionally. I will post pics and review just as soon as that is done!

21 - 40 of 340 Posts