2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago my navigation stopped working and I had to take it into the dealer, while they spend 3 hours on the phone with mazda trying to reinstall everything and get it working again. In the process my infotainment system got updated to the latest version. This fixed the GPS navigation cues in the HUD (which broke with the last update), but it seems to have broken the day / night auto dimming on the screen. Now if turn the trip meter dial one notch down from full brightness, it just stays that brightness 24x7 with no auto adjustment.

Has anyone else had the same issue with the latest version of the infotainment system? Anything else I can check?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Mine is a 2015, so no idea if it's the same for others but I will assume it is.

To adjust the brightness, I simply turn the little shaft on the dash cluster that you would use to reset the trip meter and cycle through them. It remembers that setting for day/night, whichever one it might be on at that time.

Not sure if you have tried this but hey it was worth a shot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 2015, so no idea if it's the same for others but I will assume it is.

To adjust the brightness, I simply turn the little shaft on the dash cluster that you would use to reset the trip meter and cycle through them. It remembers that setting for day/night, whichever one it might be on at that time.

Not sure if you have tried this but hey it was worth a shot.
Yes, that's what I said up above, I've adjusted the trip meter properly. It used to be that if you had it on full bright, it would not auto adjust to day / night, but if you turned it one tick down it would. Now no matter what it's set at it does not adjust between day and night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts