2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatchback
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Spent an afternoon washing the car and installing some parts:

Since I have the front lip and aftermarket side skirts, I decided to complete the look with the rear. So on went the OEM Rear Lower Bumper Diffuser and OEM Rear Roof Spoiler/Wing:
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

I also always liked the look of window visors, I went with the OEM set as they look nearly seamless and subtle:

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Finally, I removed the OEM BM/BN Door Sills as I wanted illuminated ones. The BM/BN ones felt really out of place with the red and gray in the graphic which did not match any other aspect of the car.

I took a chance and purchased the OEM 2019+ BP Mazda 3 Illuminated Door Sills. I already have the BP Mazda 3 rear emblem and skyactiv-g emblem so using the door sill plates matched that and did not have any bright colors on it. Happy to say they fit just fine and work great!

Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Automotive tire Bicycle tire

Automotive tire Vehicle door Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Not the best picture, but a good indication of how it looks when opening the door at night:
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
192 Posts
Spent an afternoon washing the car and installing some parts:

Since I have the front lip and aftermarket side skirts, I decided to complete the look with the rear. So on went the OEM Rear Lower Bumper Diffuser and OEM Rear Roof Spoiler/Wing:
View attachment 284074

I also always liked the look of window visors, I went with the OEM set as they look nearly seamless and subtle:

View attachment 284075 View attachment 284076

Finally, I removed the OEM BM/BN Door Sills as I wanted illuminated ones. The BM/BN ones felt really out of place with the red and gray in the graphic which did not match any other aspect of the car.

I took a chance and purchased the OEM 2019+ BP Mazda 3 Illuminated Door Sills. I already have the BP Mazda 3 rear emblem and skyactiv-g emblem so using the door sill plates matched that and did not have any bright colors on it. Happy to say they fit just fine and work great!

View attachment 284078
View attachment 284079

Not the best picture, but a good indication of how it looks when opening the door at night:
View attachment 284080
Awesome!! Love it!

· Registered
28 Posts
Question regarding the rear badging. It’s my understanding that the “Mazda 3” badging has pins on the back. Did you fill in the holes when putting on the new lettering? Does the new lettering have pins that line up with the old? How’d ya do that?

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Question regarding the rear badging. It’s my understanding that the “Mazda 3” badging has pins on the back. Did you fill in the holes when putting on the new lettering? Does the new lettering have pins that line up with the old? How’d ya do that?
It did indeed leave 2 holes. I didn't fill them after removing the old badge however. The new badge did not have any pins on the back and I just stuck on the new badge and adjusted it so the letters completely covered the holes. You could probably put some silicone on the backside of the panel to be safe, but I sprayed it with a pressure washer and drove it in heavy rain with no leaks at all.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
28 Posts
Installed some new wheels and tires!

Went with
OEM Mazda M011 Gloss Gunmetal
18x8.0 et 45

Tires I wanted some good all seasons so I got
Michelin CrossClimate2
225/45 R18

So far they're awesome and the wheels look incredible, especially in person.

Please excuse the crappy pics!

I’ve reeeally been eyeing these specific wheels for my 18 hatch. Seeing them now makes all the more harder to pull the trigger especially since mine is Eternal Blue as well. Maybe after winter passes here. Only downside for me is that I have the base sport trim and I’m torn between new wheels, or wanting to buy and install the GT style LED headlights and the more I read and research, the more that may be impossible.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I’ve reeeally been eyeing these specific wheels for my 18 hatch. Seeing them now makes all the more harder to pull the trigger especially since mine is Eternal Blue as well. Maybe after winter passes here. Only downside for me is that I have the base sport trim and I’m torn between new wheels, or wanting to buy and install the GT style LED headlights and the more I read and research, the more that may be impossible.
Honestly as great as the wheels are, I would go with the LED headlights if you can pull it off. Otherwise you can't go wrong with these wheels (best OEM option IMO).

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Where did you get the hood insulation from???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got them locally, but here are the part numbers and quantities I used.

Font Screenshot Number Slope

Here's the links on Tasca:

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Changed my mind yet again on the overhead console. Installed an OEM 2020 Cx-9 console LED version. I really like the fact that it has illuminated logos on the buttons and sunroof switch. It also has the LED down light.

I also installed the OEM CX-9 rear dome light LED version as well. It also has illuminated buttons for each LED.

Finally I vinyl wrapped the door sill panels brushed titanium and I think they look great.

· Registered
7 Posts
Changed my mind yet again on the overhead console. Installed an OEM 2020 Cx-9 console LED version. I really like the fact that it has illuminated logos on the buttons and sunroof switch. It also has the LED down light.

I also installed the OEM CX-9 rear dome light LED version as well. It also has illuminated buttons for each LED.

Finally I vinyl wrapped the door sill panels brushed titanium and I think they look great.
That is pretty cool. Can you provide me a link for the items, please? thank you!

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Dude I love all of this! It really is the little things, and you got some great little things gong on here, Excellent work.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Got some more non-US OEM things coming up this spring when the weather gets a bit better.

· Registered
13 Posts
@darin180sx I'd like to thank you for this thread! I really appreciate your direction with this car and the modifications that you've done to it. They're very thoughtful and aren't over the top. I appreciate that you've gone into such great lengths with providing the part numbers for many of these OEM parts / modifications that you've installed.

I currently have a 2012 Mazdaspeed 3. It's a blast, but it's quickly become a terrible daily driver. It's low, it's loud, it's obnoxious. I was able to find and am in the process of purchasing a 2017 Mazda 3 Touring hatchback. Being a daily driver, your direction, is exactly what my goal is with my Mazda 3. The little touches and (in many cases) quality of life improvements that go such a long way!

Thank you so much! I've already purchased a few things for my 3 from your thread. Keep up the awesome work and attention to detail, I'm excited to keep up with your progress!

· Registered
Mazda 3 BN Hatchback
76 Posts
Wow! really great mod guide!!

I have a question, i have Mazda 3 2018 (BN), same model as yours i think. I have seen in a few pictures from your mod and seems that you have a button to open the trunck. Is that correct, is the trunck automatically opened (to complete opened position) when you push this button? I thought that this was only available in sedan version. Is a mod that you have installed or OEM? Thanks in advance :)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts