2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Prior to this I was running AP AlBe NZ3, JL Audio C7 Tweeters, Illusion Audio C8, Illusion Audio C10XL. Weakest points in the build was running a fantastic wideband (fantastic driver btw) and crippling it to do mid duty only, C7s can only be crossed to 4k which stinks and honestly the tweeter has no warmth and it's very direct. The 10 inch variant of the Illusion Audio Carbon XL line, is the afterthought of the C12XL which is a really good driver. The FS at 42hz is pretty much a joke for a sub that retails over $899....

TLDR- Low output, very shrilly.

NOW- to Audiofrog GB

GB10- What a fucking ridiculous little tweeter that can be crossed down to 2500 hz comfortably, made it possible to remove my mids from playing that range and firing it to my windshield. Added to sense of space & ambiance to the car.

GB25- "But it's a 2.5 driver it can't possibly be any good" you might think that but this mid is so god damn impressive, with a 4mm 1 way Xmax come on... very warm and dynamic.

GB60- This is probably one of my favorite 6.5's i've ever ran in my car. They have a 9mm 1 way xmax is amazing. Very transparent & can easily keep up with the GB12D2.

GB12D2- Sucker can play low effortlessly and loud, very musical top on my list for subs hands down.

TLDR- Higher output, increased dynamics, more realism and ambiance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup everything is covered, currently have CLD & CCF on every piece of the door and door panel. Door is solid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts