2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had her for 2 weeks, 600 miles, and just thought I'd just show her off.

I've done:

Painted the calipers with G2 gold....
Switched to XXR 530 wheels...
Custom MF exhaust .....
tinted all windows (except for windshield) with 3M Crystaline 60%....

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the car but what's up with that exhaust? It's center?
Yes it is. I wanted all exhaust going through one muffler for a deeper sound. I know many don't like it, but several cars do center and I'm loving the sound....and the look :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You know it's funny. Seems like alot of people can accept single tips as long as they are on the left side or the right side or both. Others can accept the center as long as it has 2 tips. ( although there are several high-performance cars that have a single exit in the center).

For me, it basically just shows how brain washed we all are. For example nobody thinks a single exit on a muscle car looks right....they MUST have dual or they are not a muscle car

I might change the tip to dual, but I don't want to change the sound and as it stands now, I'm basically running a legal straight through exhaust with virtually no restriction, ....axle back. I can literally see the bend at the flange when I look in the tailpipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
327 Posts
Don't take offence - as long as you're happy.

The difference I see is that in the above examples the tips are blended into the bumper vs looking tacked on below. To me it just doesn't look right - but if it's good for you that doesn't matter at all now does it ;-)

I like the rims with the color you have. And the light window tint. I want to say a very subtle / light tint to the tail lights would set the theme off - not blacked out, just a hint of smoke to them, nice and subtle.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Without wanting to offend, I agree that the OP's center exhaust doesn't look well-integrated. And, the removal of the factory exhaust leaves two unfilled cutouts in the diffuser where the original tips had been.

Not the clean look I like, personally, but to each his own!

·
Mazda Fan!
67 Posts
Without wanting to offend, I agree that the OP's center exhaust doesn't look well-integrated. And, the removal of the factory exhaust leaves two unfilled cutouts in the diffuser where the original tips had been.

Not the clean look I like, personally, but to each his own!
There are no cut outs on the sedan. Just factory "turn down" exhaust tips.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice rims and tint level. As some others, I'm not convinced with the single tip. I can't conclude from the pictures. I would like if you had a picture from the back.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah in the perfect world, I would have loved to be able to buy a rear diffuser with a molded center outlet but just couldn't find any. I had noticed that some non North America ones had a center brake light and was tempted to see if I could make use of that hole... but that would have required a whole new bumper skin.... maybe eventually a company like the when the next to dual out now, will make a single out option.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh and no offense taken. We each have our own taste... for example I completely hate the black on black Tires and Wheels, yeah it runs rampant like the plague :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
sorry but not a fan either. But I do have a question or two. Forgive the ignorance on my part but does the single pipe affect fuel efficiency? and/or more importantly emissions? and also what about power output? I mean if sound has changed than possibly so should have other things no? Just an honest curious question/s.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry but not a fan either. But I do have a question or two. Forgive the ignorance on my part but does the single pipe affect fuel efficiency? and/or more importantly emissions? and also what about power output? I mean if sound has changed than possibly so should have other things no? Just an honest curious question/s.
Unfortunately I'll never be able to really answer those questions because I had the exhaust done with 250 miles on the car....I am just now starting to get into the throttle a bit at 600 miles.

If I were to take an educated guess, I would say that most likely result would be the same as running with a "muffler delete" but with a tuned sound.

If you agree with the age old argument of "it is not about back pressure but really about velocity"...then I should be perfect since I simply continued the 2.25 inch diameter pipe out another 20" or so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts