2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my new-to-me 2010 Mazda 3 for a couple of months now. Great car!

The only issue I can't seem to figure out is the Multifunction Display. I have the clock and temperature displayed but no the AC, radio to bluetooth.
Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

Is there a setting or switch for this? I've read the owners manual and do not think it should be off as no mention of off/on?
Help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 1st generation mazda3 (before 2009) with not exactly same display configurafion, and the a/c settings lights up only on automatic a/c. I have manual a/c and its showing nothing for a/c (it shows clock, temp and radio display).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey,

All mazda 3 from this generation had all the same items showing regardless of them being active in your car. The bottom portion (Climate control display) of what you have highlighted is for automatic Ac only. Bluetooth (hands-free display) will only show if you have it in your car and your phone is paired.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Ok then the radio is the only thing not showing up as all the other stuff isn't there in my base model. Can you turn off and on the radio display? The radio works just a guess of what station ts on.

Hey,

All mazda 3 from this generation had all the same items showing regardless of them being active in your car. The bottom portion (Climate control display) of what you have highlighted is for automatic Ac only. Bluetooth (hands-free display) will only show if you have it in your car and your phone is paired.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can try the diagnostic procedure, by pressing H (hour) button for the clock switch while turning ignition key from OFF to ACC.
"Test" will show on display and you can cycle the tests 01-06 with pressing the H button again.

Some pictures on post #14 here (without errors):

If there are some communication errors (audio unit is sending the texts to display digitally through MS-CAN bus, so there may be the problem), it will show codes (in steps 01, 02):
U2516 = CAN system communication error
U0184 = Communication error to audio unit
U0164 = Communication error to climate control unit
U0181 = Communication error to instrument cluster

After test, switch ignition back to OFF to exit.

Oh and one thing i forgot, it may not work if you have aftermarket radio (tochscreen android for example) which cannot comunicate with the display.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow good info. I'll try it when I get back to the car as I'm working out of town.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: I swapped the head unit with one for a pull a part one. Everything works with the MID.

Now that I have the display talking, I would like to use the bluetooth paired for phone and streaming music. I have tried the program knob and it never says "BT Audio"?
Is there something I'm not seeing? I assume the BT is standard in these units? I have the base model so it's the non-Bose unit.
I have ForScan and haven't found anything in the setup that looks at the radio
Any help is appreciated!
John.

·
Registered
147 Posts
You require a separate module for Bluetooth, if you have the steering wheel control for Bluetooth I would say you have the module, but it may be busted. If there are no steering wheel controls you do not have the module.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts