July 21, 2012 - Bought the 2012 Mazdaspeed 3

August 2012

Corksport short ram intake and turbo inlet pipe:

Corksport license plate bracket:

April 2013

Cleaned exhaust tips for the first time:

July 2013

Plastidip:

The curves were the hard part, and if you look close you can see a few corners.

COBB Tuning Accessport:

:banghead: you forgot the picture...

·
Registered
641 Posts
look at dat shine!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How's the plasti dip holding up after washing? Just did the same to my bumper and I'm worried about washing it and pulling up the edges of the plasti diped section. It seems fine in your last pic there...

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How's the plasti dip holding up after washing? Just did the same to my bumper and I'm worried about washing it and pulling up the edges of the plasti diped section. It seems fine in your last pic there...
I had to add a layer to the dip on the edge after my first application because some rubbed off. Now it is holding up fine but I didn't rub directly on the edge while washing.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Muffler delete and single exit exhaust (resonator has been gone for a while already):

I used my leftover Mazda 3 exhaust (slightly smaller diameter :eek:) because that made the install only $75. 3.75" resonated tip. Still pretty quiet, but can hear the exhaust now when in boost instead of just "tssssssssssssSSSSSS".

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice start on the car! Can you make a sound clip? I really want a muff delete but im still iffy
I will try and get one up soon. It sounds really nice (though not very loud) in the cabin, except when you hit more than 10 pounds of boost you can hear it start to whoosh a bit. Look up @swerv0428 's YouTube clips, it sounds similar to his. You can hear the whoosh on his 0-80 clip.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The pic of the clunking issue, where is that located? And did you get it fixed? I've had a clunking issue coming from the rear of my 2.5 for what feels like forever, wondering if it's the same. Then you could place that clunking into the "similarities" section of your ms3/mz3 list ha.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am thinking of reinstalling my stock muffler. I like the exhaust note of the muffler delete for the most part, but the gap in the bumper on the right side kills me inside now. Maybe I'll sell the muffler delete portion.

Side note, it's been a long time since I've been on M3R!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The pic of the clunking issue, where is that located? And did you get it fixed? I've had a clunking issue coming from the rear of my 2.5 for what feels like forever, wondering if it's the same. Then you could place that clunking into the "similarities" section of your ms3/mz3 list ha.
I didn't have that issue on my 2011 hatch as far as I can remember. The MS3 was obviously not tested much in sub-freezing temperatures. It is the loudest creakiest clunkiest winter car I've driven.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reinstalled my stock muffler. The "kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk" sound under heavy boost was just getting too annoying. I like the smooth sound of the stock exhaust, just wish it was louder. I'll probably just save up for an off the shelf solution.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts