2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to show you my new seyup . I thought long and hard about the exhaust setup I wanted to do on this car, should I replace the muffler? Delete res and replace muffler? Replace both? Decided to leave everything from the axle forward intact and create a straight axle back. Here's what I came up with. If Mazda ever gives me hell for warranty I just bolt up the oem one. No cutting done. I don't have a YouTube account or anything but maybe I'll start one now so I can show you guys what it sounds like.

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
I don't have a YouTube account or anything but maybe I'll start one now so I can show you guys what it sounds like.
We know what it sounds like - a car with no muffler. Loud, tinny above 4000 rpm, bad drone above 3500. Many posts on this, plenty of Skyactiv muffler delete videos on youtube. Mostly they got replace by some sort of aftermarket muffler later on.
The search function is in the upper right corner of the page............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
We know what it sounds like - a car with no muffler. Loud, tinny above 4000 rpm, bad drone above 3500. Many posts on this, plenty of Skyactiv muffler delete videos on youtube. Mostly they got replace by some sort of aftermarket muffler later on.
The search function is in the upper right corner of the page............
Thanks for the warm welcome buddy. I'll just take my build elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome buddy. I'll just take my build elsewhere.

Sorry but just pointing out the obvious. Many have done this before, it is not really a good idea unless you want your car to sound like a riced out Honda. If you had used the search function you would have seen quite a number of posts on muffler delete attempts, many of which didn't sound so good.
You came here to learn about things to do to your car, using the search function and reading is the best way to research what has been done by others to see what worked and what didn't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't come here to learn anything. I didn't ask anything. I deleted it, got pretty surprised that it DIDN'T sound like crap (in my opinion, of course) and wanted to simply show my setup,god forbid someone's already done it. Just seems weird to tell me to use the search when I wasn't asking anything. Should I not post pics when i lower it because it's already been done?

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
I didn't come here to learn anything.
Yes, I can see that.

Just seems weird to tell me to use the search when I wasn't asking anything. Should I not post pics when i lower it because it's already been done?

Not what I said. Its not about asking a question.
Lowering a car is something that many owners do. It is a proven procedure that gives good results if done right. If its not done right it can go badly wrong. You should read up on that also to get the results you want. Some owners spend days and weeks researching the best products and methods to lower their car. They don't just start throwing parts at it and hope it works out.

When I do things, I look around first to see if others have done something similar and if so what to expect, if its worth doing and if it can be improved upon. I don't want to spend money doing things that are in the long run a waste of time and money. I don't want to do things two or three times either. You say didn't come here to learn, but that is what will happen regardless of your intent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I can see that.

Not what I said. Its not about asking a question.
Lowering a car is something that many owners do. It is a proven procedure that gives good results if done right. If its not done right it can go badly wrong. You should read up on that also to get the results you want. Some owners spend days and weeks researching the best products and methods to lower their car. They don't just start throwing parts at it and hope it works out.

When I do things, I look around first to see if others have done something similar and if so what to expect, if its worth doing and if it can be improved upon. I don't want to spend money doing things that are in the long run a waste of time and money. I don't want to do things two or three times either. You say didn't come here to learn, but that is what will happen regardless of your intent.

Obviously I'm going to learn, not exaxtly the point but alright. I'm just stating it's not my intent or why I came here. I came here to show you guys the build im going to be doing, and the little things along the way. Jumping into discussion when it interests me. Honestly it's just a pretty salty way to respond to a new forum member, especially when he didn't ask a stupid question that's been asked a thousand times, he just was showing a mod. Just relax man and if something offends you for whatever reason, remember you're not obligated to respond.

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
Obviously I'm going to learn, not exaxtly the point but alright. I'm just stating it's not my intent or why I came here. I came here to show you guys the build im going to be doing, and the little things along the way. Jumping into discussion when it interests me. Honestly it's just a pretty salty way to respond to a new forum member, especially when he didn't ask a stupid question that's been asked a thousand times, he just was showing a mod. Just relax man and if something offends you for whatever reason, remember you're not obligated to respond.

Nothing wrong with doing a build, but remember that much of what you will be doing has been done and posted here before, in some cases many many times. There is a lot of info here to keep you from going down the wrong path. All you need to do is look for it. Using the search function can prevent costly and time consuming mistakes. Also, there is nothing wrong with asking. You might be surprised what you'll find out if you ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nothing wrong with doing a build, but remember that much of what you will be doing has been done and posted here before, in some cases many many times. There is a lot of info here to keep you from going down the wrong path. All you need to do is look for it. Using the search function can prevent costly and time consuming mistakes. Also, there is nothing wrong with asking. You might be surprised what you'll find out if you ask.
....im curious to why you felt the need to say all that? Because i asked a pretty straight forward question. Here I'll try again. Should I not post pics when i mod my car, simply because it's been done before? Because if so, I don't know why the hell I joined the mazda forum to share what i do to my mazda.

Back to the topic. I will post the video here in the morning of the exhaust. Cold start and a cruise or something for anyone interested. Also ordered shocks, springs, intake, bunch of black vinyl to play around with and a front lip. ? will be slow to get them on though working 60 hour weeks!

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
....im curious to why you felt the need to say all that? Because i asked a pretty straight forward question. Here I'll try again. Should I not post pics when i mod my car, simply because it's been done before? Because if so, I don't know why the hell I joined the mazda forum to share what i do to my mazda.
Yeah, I guess it was a waste of my time trying to explain anything to you. There is a huge resource of information here. You should take advantage of it. Its not about what things have been done before, its how they turned out in the end. Its your car, do what you want. You'll have to learn from your own mistakes. It seems like you don't want to learn, can't take advice or hear constructive criticism of any sort. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Ottawa3GT, please carry on w/ your build. Forums are all about sharing. Imagine if people kept themselves to searching w/o interaction...it'll be awfully quiet here. Just don't be overly sensitive to reactions. This is the go-to forum for our 3s. Good Mown3rs are here.:)
Haha oh I will be showing you guys no worries, I just wanted to let grumpy keep rambling. Ive been reading these forums a long time and they are part of the reason i got a mazda. I waited long time to jump in on the fun im not going anywhere;) Filmed some go pro stuff today and hopefully after work tomorrow i can out a little video together. Mostly a waiting game now for parts and time off.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can always upload it to 3rd party videos uploader like vimeo.

FYI: I tried straight pipe and after 5000 RPMs that thing sounds like a ricer fartcan, but if you like that sound more power to you...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts