2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice very few Mazda 3's have mudguards on them. I ordered a set of 4 for my new 2013 sedan.
Is there any reason not to put them on? Aerodynamics or anything like that?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope. Just put them on. What kind did you get?
I ordered the Mazda ones-all 4 of them, installation included and I need to go in for some issues so I'll just have them do it.

Reactions: swerv0428

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They put them on today, surprised at how small they are.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I notice very few Mazda 3's have mudguards on them.
I don't think it's that few Mazda 3's have them, it's that more people seem to go for the more aggressive looking and larger aftermarket mudflaps (Rally Armor, Corksport) over the smaller OEM mudguards.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They put them on today, surprised at how small they are.
Can you post any pictures of them on the car? I've been debating on getting some since I have to drive on dirt roads every once in a while.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a camera, I'll try to borrow my sister's next week. If I had known how small they are I would probably have gone for aftermarket

·
Registered
96 Posts
I want something functional and while I like the aftermarket ones, I am worried that I'll drop $100 on them and hate them on my car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, at least the Mazda ones don't look bad. Hopefully they will provide some function but it doesn't rain much around here so time will tell

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder why they made them so small

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
They are small! I think the mudguards on my Miata are even bigger than that.

I do think the primary reason people upgrade is for looks though, so I guess it just depends on if you like the huge and aggressive ones like ours, or small OEM ones.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I do think the primary reason people upgrade is for looks though
Not for me...I was tired of rocks pinging off the side of my car damaging my paint from the road work near my place...the mudflaps completely stopped that. I live in a rainy city so it prevents constantly having to wipe down the areas behind the fenders from the spray dirt. It's also much nicer to cars behind me on the highway/freeway.

Personally I think our cars looks cleaner with no flaps at all.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Not for me...I was tired of rocks pinging off the side of my car damaging my paint from the road work near my place...the mudflaps completely stopped that. I live in a rainy city so it prevents constantly having to wipe down the areas behind the fenders from the spray dirt. It's also much nicer to cars behind me on the highway/freeway.

Personally I think our cars looks cleaner with no flaps at all.
Couldn't agree more. I had the RA flaps on the speed. Definitely not for looks. All about keeping the door dings down. We have a shell driveway and the rocks love getting stuck in the tires.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I feel that the mazda ones are way to small to protect the car from rocks. the RA flaps would do far better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.