2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been wondering if anyone seen any Mazda 3 sedans with mudflaps.
and seeing if it looks good on sedans. I know it looks good on hatchbacks.

and if so where do you guys recommend to buy the mudflaps.

Edit: I have a 2011 Mazda 3s GT, sedan

Do anyone happen to have any pictures or know anyone with rally armor type of mud flaps on a Mazda 3 sedan?
I seen tons of pictures of the Mazda 3 Hatches with them. just want to see if its also common on the sedans.

·
Registered
422 Posts
FYI, if you have a 2017, then you pretty much have to buy the flaps from the dealer because non-of the molded aftermarkets will fit. Of course many people go with more functional mudflaps like the Ralleys, but I liked the Factory OEM look.

So for me, I cheaped out and got some off of e-bay for $25 and decided to take a change. The rears fit fine, the fronts needed some 'adjustments'. I'll see if I can take a pic

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
I have been wondering if anyone seen any Mazda 3 sedans with mudflaps.
and seeing if it looks good on sedans. I know it looks good on hatchbacks.

and if so where do you guys recommend to buy the mudflaps.

guess it would depend on what look your going for, as I see old 90s corollas with mudflaps and think that's ugly, but see many subarus with them and think it looks fine or good depending on the model as the Subarus I usually see them on have rally car guts, so it gives it the rally look, if that's what your aiming for the 3 sedan I would think would look good with mudflaps as it has similar lines to many subarus and the hatches do look good with them so I don't see why the sedan would not. Again up to you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI, if you have a 2017, then you pretty much have to buy the flaps from the dealer because non-of the molded aftermarkets will fit. Of course many people go with more functional mudflaps like the Ralleys, but I liked the Factory OEM look.

So for me, I cheaped out and got some off of e-bay for $25 and decided to take a change. The rears fit fine, the fronts needed some 'adjustments'. I'll see if I can take a pic
I have a 2011 Mazda 3 Sedan.

and yes pictures would be cool. Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guess it would depend on what look your going for, as I see old 90s corollas with mudflaps and think that's ugly, but see many subarus with them and think it looks fine or good depending on the model as the Subarus I usually see them on have rally car guts, so it gives it the rally look, if that's what your aiming for the 3 sedan I would think would look good with mudflaps as it has similar lines to many subarus and the hatches do look good with them so I don't see why the sedan would not. Again up to you.
yeah I have seen the WRX, and STI with the rally armor mud flaps. but I havent seen many Mazda 3 sedans with those on.
Do you happen to have any pictures or know anyone with rally armor type of mud flaps on a Mazda 3 sedan?

I seen tons of pictures of the Mazda 3 Hatches with the rally armor. just want to see if its also common on the sedans.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
yeah I have seen the WRX, and STI with the rally armor mud flaps. but I havent seen many Mazda 3 sedans with those on.
Do you happen to have any pictures or know anyone with rally armor type of mud flaps on a Mazda 3 sedan?

I seen tons of pictures of the Mazda 3 Hatches with the rally armor. just want to see if its also common on the sedans.
no I don't, what color is your car? I have seen a black 2nd gen(10-13 don't know the year of this one just saw it) 3 sedan with red mud flaps in my town it looked good as he also had red side skirts (factory type so may have been painted or off a red version of the car) and black wheels with a red band around the edge, this gen 3 sedan I would feel would look good with mud flaps as its not an overly done thing and the design of our cars kinda lends itself to them

here is a 1st gen (looks 07-09ish judging by the tail lights) with mud flaps:http://www.rokblokz.com/uploads/3/4/1/5/34159636/8405688_orig.jpg

another 1st gen but better pic to show:http://goldphishe.com/images/cwp/rallyarmor/sedanflap.jpg

here is the a 2nd gen one with mudflaps, its from the side so kinda hard to tell:https://goo.gl/images/7aNIhK

here is a black sedan 2nd gen from the rear with mud flaps: https://goo.gl/images/rXCTgg

personally I think the mudflaps give the sedan more style, to me the 2nd gen sedan is too plain looking from the side and rear, especially the rear (I have a hatch, im a hatchback fan, and a big hatch back fan at that)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the RokBlokz shorts on my 11 sport sedan.
pictures please :) maybe I will get RokBlokz if they are just as good as the Rally Armor ones.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
no I don't, what color is your car? I have seen a black 2nd gen(10-13 don't know the year of this one just saw it) 3 sedan with red mud flaps in my town it looked good as he also had red side skirts (factory type so may have been painted or off a red version of the car) and black wheels with a red band around the edge, this gen 3 sedan I would feel would look good with mud flaps as its not an overly done thing and the design of our cars kinda lends itself to them

here is a 1st gen (looks 07-09ish judging by the tail lights) with mud flaps:http://www.rokblokz.com/uploads/3/4/1/5/34159636/8405688_orig.jpg

another 1st gen but better pic to show:http://goldphishe.com/images/cwp/rallyarmor/sedanflap.jpg

here is the only 2nd gen one with mudflaps I could find a pic of on a sedan online, its from the side so kinda hard to tell:https://goo.gl/images/7aNIhK

my car is graphite color. here is a picture. I am planning to get new rims + RED mud flaps, and red lugnuts to match the mud flaps

AND thank you again for the help :)

EDIT: but then again black mud flaps on a graphite car looks good too :) and i guess I wouldn't have to search as hard for some cool lug nuts if I get black mud flaps

Attachments

Reactions: kms1990

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
my car is graphite color. here is a picture. I am planning to get new rims + RED mud flaps, and red lugnuts to match the mud flaps

AND thank you again for the help :)

EDIT: but then again black mud flaps on a graphite car looks good too :) and i guess I wouldn't have to search as hard for some cool lug nuts if I get black mud flaps
or we could do this:https://corksport.com/2010-2013-mazdaspeed-3-leather-steering-wheel.html (its corksports newish custom steering wheel for our cars) it looks awesome I just don't have $400 to buy it or tools/money to pay to have it installed, you got me on a customization kick again, I need to get off corksports pages

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pictures aren't the greatest and the car is dirty due to the dirty winter roads here.

thats nice thank you for the pictures! it looks good. I guess there are more of us Mazda 3 Sedan owners that I thought who also love making their car look nice :)

its just that there are more speed3 and hatchback owners who posts on the forums more.

maybe I will get the medium or long length ones. I like mines to be a little longer haha.

Reactions: 2012mazda3skyactiv

·
Registered
659 Posts
Agree with this - WRX's all over the place have 'em. If you get the non-molded ones that you can basically mount however you want, the way you mount them will make all the difference between looking goofy or good. I did a bit of adjusting with mine before i decided they were perfect. Of course i also removed them eventually, i just got sick of the look (mine's a hatch)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i have corksport mud flaps on my sedan. they look dope

where did you order the corksport mudflaps or around how much for them? and where did you get those red lug nuts?
I might want red mudflaps + red lug nuts :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
where did you order the corksport mudflaps or around how much for them? and where did you get those red lug nuts?

I might want red mudflaps + red lug nuts :)

i got the mud flaps directly from corksport! they ran about 120 after shipping i think. the lugs are pink, but i got them from auto zone! i've been thinking about getting some spike ones from wearelikewise

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
corksport stopped selling the mud flaps
Yeah they did, that the only bad thing about corksport is they are a small company and many things are limited quantity runs and if not popular enough may not be back. I had to wait a month to get the black leather with red stitching shift knob from them for my 08 I had until they made more, at least those where popular and when out they made more, the mudflaps may not have been in high enough demand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts