2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I saw a mud flap thread on here so based on that, I am looking at the RokBlockz flaps. (Rally Mud Flaps for the 2014+ Mazda3 Hatchback FREE SHIPPING! - rally mud flaps)

What I would like to know is, would that stop/minimize the splash I am getting right now on my car? I included a pic for reference. I get mud splash all around the wheel well (not just the backside) and have even gotten it as high up as on my side mirrors.

Would these flaps help or should I be looking at another product?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey there @jazzman161 I have Rokblokz rally flaps on my Genwon and I love them. I was having the same issue you mentioned with the mud and dirt flying up the side of my car and reaching my side windows and covering them. Also had a really filthy rear hatch window in seconds. These flaps made a huge difference for me. Now the dirt stays down beneath my side windows and only get the side of my doors dirty but not near as filthy as before. My rear hatch still gets dirty but not near as quickly.
You can see in the second pic how high up the dirt and grime go now with the flaps. That was from driving highway speeds.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
I second @BlueHaloGirl.

Rokblokz are awesome flaps, I have them on my girl, too!

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the Rally Armor's and I've put them through their paces. They are AWESOME. When I tell you AWESOME, AWESOME. No more kicking snow off the underside and not much dirt flying up the backside as before.

There still are issues of dirt on the back but that is an inherent issue of hatch's. Once summer hits, I'm gonna try to mock up a working diffuser to try and keep the air moving.

But on to the subject, here are some pictures of the dirt. Been lazy on washing lately as it's been in the single digits.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Which do you guys have of the Rokblokz, the full length or the shorties?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the Rally Armor's and I've put them through their paces. They are AWESOME. When I tell you AWESOME, AWESOME. No more kicking snow off the underside and not much dirt flying up the backside as before.

There still are issues of dirt on the back but that is an inherent issue of hatch's. Once summer hits, I'm gonna try to mock up a working diffuser to try and keep the air moving.

But on to the subject, here are some pictures of the dirt. Been lazy on washing lately as it's been in the single digits.
Thanks for the pics. That makes me think I'll get some improvement with the flaps. Your car is definitely not as dirty as my flap-less car is at the moment, looks like it even helps on the back.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I installed the OEM myself this past weekend, fitting look with the car and functional considering I am in sunny California with minimal elements on the road.

If I had to deal with salted roads, snow or excess rain I would definitely go something bigger and more rally suited.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.