2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So looking around I see 3 options for mud flaps...

1. Rally Armor
  2. OEM
  3. eBay Chinese knockoffs

I don't personally like the looks of the Rally Armor ones. OEM ones look nice but they also look pretty small, and I have doubts that they actually do anything. And the cheap knockoffs may or may not have fitment issues and require drilling.

Leaning towards OEM now. Are there any other options I'm missing? Do OEM ones offer adequate protection? I'm in Oregon and my main concern is protecting from rocks. We don't salt roads out here, so on the rare occasion it snows they instead dump gravel all over which does a great job messing up the paint on your lower rocker panels...

I suppose another alternative is to get the rocker panels covered with paint protection film but that's even more expensive than muflaps and doesn't do anything to help with mud/rain spray.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
So looking around I see 3 options for mud flaps...

1. Rally Armor
  2. OEM
  3. eBay Chinese knockoffs

I don't personally like the looks of the Rally Armor ones. OEM ones look nice but they also look pretty small, and I have doubts that they actually do anything. And the cheap knockoffs may or may not have fitment issues and require drilling.

Leaning towards OEM now. Are there any other options I'm missing? Do OEM ones offer adequate protection? I'm in Oregon and my main concern is protecting from rocks. We don't salt roads out here, so on the rare occasion it snows they instead dump gravel all over which does a great job messing up the paint on your lower rocker panels...

I suppose another alternative is to get the rocker panels covered with paint protection film but that's even more expensive than muflaps and doesn't do anything to help with mud/rain spray.
Your missing Rokblokz ....rally mud flaps - RokBlokz Rally Mud Flaps, Super Tough, Super Durable, FREE SHIPPING I've got them on my car and love them!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, still not crazy about the look of those (I like the more fitted OEM style) however the price is good and they seem like they'd definitely offer a lot of protection... Plus their logo is a decal not pre-applied, which is a nice touch.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
You could do the ikea mudflaps. They're flexible cutting boards that people have been using as an even cheaper alternative to rally armor basics. Then you could trim them so they don't stick out as much as Rokbloks or Rally Armors.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm not a fan of the look of the rally type mud flap.....but....If I lived where winters were harsh with snow, I'd put them on in a second. When weather got better, I'd remove them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have harsh weather luckily. Just lots of rain for the most part, if it's ever snowy or I take a trip to the mountains then I'll take the subaru instead. Mostly I'm looking for some protection for rocks getting kicked up.

I might try the OEM route, seem overpriced but at least I know they'll fit and they have to offer a little protection. I hope.

·
Registered
326 Posts
does anyone know if the rokblokz work on the sedan version?
Right on their website

"MAZDA SPEED3, MAZDA3 Sedan or Hatchback"

Edit: Here's a pic from their site, showing them on a sedan.

Reactions: BlueHaloGirl

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Holy crap, I could make those on my laser. I just have to figure out what the material is made out of.
Should try and make a set... etch the M into them when you do, that would be pretty sweet

·
Registered
521 Posts
I live in Oregon too. I was thinking about going with the OEM ones, although they probably are only of minimal help. But it's better than nothing.
I live in Portland and I don't think we get enough snow for "rally" mud flaps. OEM should be good to keep the dirt off. Although I do have RokBlokz on my CX-5, its more of a appearance thing on the CX-5.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.